[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Land investing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1476243526209.jpg (259KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476243526209.jpg
259KB, 1600x1200px
Should I invest in buying vacant land?
I've found an agricultural land about 2500 m2 / 0.25 Hectare for about 8500$.
It's near a highway and a small river pass right by it, and is surrounded by a few farms.
Anyone with previous experience regarding those things?
>>
buy it, forget about it for 20 years
>>
>>1757598
what are teh property taxes? id like to so the same thing but honestly its a gamble and the taxes are a constant drain if you dont have something to counteract that
>>
>>1757598
in farming water is more important than land
>>
File: tegaki.png (7KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
7KB, 500x500px
>>1757670
>Tax
Will look into it, but shouldn't be more than 1000$ annually.
>Counteract
Like what?
>>1757674
I don't intend to farm it though, and now I think about it I think it's more of a creak than a river.
Pic related.
Near it, there is an abandoned railway, and the city is about 25 Km from it.
>>
What's the plan for this land? You buy it and then what?

Google 'the land geek' and watch some of his videos, he'll give you some good info
>>
sauce.
>>
>>1757795
Currently no idea.
And I don't have enough money to build anything on it, the few amount I have can cover the property price.

But I hope in 5 years it's value would increase.
>>1757805
yotsuba
>>
>>1757850
>"Should I buy X commodity with no plan?"
>"Should I stick my cock in an electrical socket?"
>>
>>1757864
Thank you
>>
>>1757598
buy it,,,pay it,,, and lease it to whichever farm grows and needs your land when the time comes, and it will come.
>>
>>1757598
Bad move.

What is the current cash flow? $0

Are you experienced with monetizing or developing? No.

This is not a real investment it's a speculation. Are you allocating more than a single digit percentage of your net worth to this?

It's illiquid.

There are liabilities.

I could keep going.

Bottom line is if you are stuck on investing in agricultural land buy a piece of Gladstone land corp. It's a trust that specializes in leasing land to farmers. Ticker is $LAND.

It's paying a 4.3% dividend.
>>
>>1757598
You'd be stuck paying the property taxes for it every year and if you have no use for it at present moment you'd be paying an upfront cost for it with no way of neutralizing the taxes you'd be required to pay on it. Also there's no guarantee that it won't become a dust bowl in the future or whenever you plan on selling it.

Sounds like a bad idea to me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.