[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investing in Idaho

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: idaho-landscape.jpg (849KB, 2048x797px) Image search: [Google]
idaho-landscape.jpg
849KB, 2048x797px
>24 year old white male
>live in Chicago
>Have the chance to buy a home
>Don't really want to invest here for many reasons
>Considering moving to Idaho
>Boise area

Can anybody tell me anything about Idaho? How the economy is? How hard it is to get a job there?

I was surfing job listings on Indeed and it looked kind of okay.
>>
have you looked at Washington state?
Better tax laws, weed laws, weather, jobs, and well everything.
>>
>>1757534
ID is great if you are looking for a place for strategic relocation. WA is full of taxes and liberals.
>>
Boise is to Idaho what Austin is to Texas
>>
OP here

I am mostly concerned about jobs. Some of these really beautiful scenic areas have shitty economies where it's like a fucking blessing to get a $12 an hour job.

I don't want to move to somewhere like that.
>>
>>1758139
Washington looks extremely liberal, and I'm conservative. Also Boise has very cheap houses.

I also read that Spokane has crime, another reason I want to leave Chicago.

>>1758142
What is strategic relocation?

>>1758143
That's okay, Boise looks like it has all the jobs.
>>
>>1758423
That's montana/Idaho for the most part. Also fierce competition for those shitty jobs. I've heard multiple stories of 100+ applicants for things like dishwasher jobs
>>
>>1758460
Okay fuck that.

Idaho is cancelled. Staying in Chicago
>>
>>1758481
Chicago is a great place to live if you don't have to commute into the city.

Housing prices are fair compared to similarly sized cities, and it's easy to avoid niggers if you know the area.

If you don't work in the public sector, budget concerns of Illinois don't outweigh the benefits of earning power and affordability of the Chicago area.

Honestly the only better place I can think of is Texas.
>>
>>1758490
I live in the outter suburbs.

What I hate about Chicago is that there basically is no culture, unless you're downtown in the city. Then the culture is just...shitty.

Property taxes are freaking me out too. This house I might buy here has property taxes of $8,000.

>earning power and affordability of the chicago area

What do you mean exactly?
>>
>>1758498
You can make Manhattan-tier money/build solid connections without the cost of living. It's still high, but it's a major city and a little more reasonable than New York.
>>
>>1758498
There's plenty of culture in the city. I live in Chicago. It's 15 minutes from my door and a ride on the blue line to get to the loop.

Chicago is affordable and there are lots of jobs if you are talented in your field. I would love to move to a more rural area, but I'd never find good work in my field.
>>
Op is that retard that was recently kidnapped and tortured by those feral niggers

>Living in Chicago

Wew
>>
>>1758545
I live near the town that family lives actually. Hoping Trump "sends in the feds".

>>1758532
Interesting, this is what I've always thought about Chicago, but literally every person is telling me "CHICAGO IS COLLAPSING, HIGHEST RATE OF PEOPLE MOVING OUT IN THE COUNTRY, PENSIONS ARE GONE, WHITE FLIGHT ect. ect."

>>1758534
There's definitely culture. Not denying that.
>>
>>1758142
only bad taxes in WA are 10% sales tax
0 income tax...
We believe in taxing poor people, not rich people.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.