[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started working August 2015, I've been trying to intensively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I started working August 2015, I've been trying to intensively invest/save my income. I hate my job. I hate this career (systems admin + support) but I have no other obvious passions in life.

I've got £20k in stocks
£4k in cash
£600 in BTC

What do I do? I could continue to work and invest while hating my life, but I feel like I'm going to snap. I'm scared of getting a new job because I feel like I hate this career and I'll end up in the same position.

Do I just start travelling?
>>
>>1756770
How can you have been working for less than a year and a half, and have £25k?
>>
>>1756770
Have children if you're white
>>
>>1756776

By living with parents. My plan was after uni to live here for a year while I save. The year passed, I thought "I'll just wait until I've passed my driving liscence" which I passed a few weeks ago. Thinking of buying a car made me panic, what if I buy a car, realise "fuck this shit" and want to go travel.
>>
>>1756770
This is almost a philosophical question, op. What do *you* want to do?

Are you the type that has to love their work, or do you work to afford entertainment on the weekends and holidays?

Early retirement or dream job until you're 70?

Would you rather have a great home, or spend lots of time travelling?

Bang sloots every night or wife and kids?

Is your motivation intrinsic or extrinsic?
>>
>>1756836

What if I don't know? I guess I just want an easy life doing the things I enjoy, there just isn't that many thing's I enjoy in terms of what I tink I could work in...

My main goal in life is to be cozy.
>>
>>1756875
Why are you contemplating what to do with the rest of our life? You have enough to live on for 1 year or 2 years if you want to be a broke ass nigga
>>
>>1756952

Financial insecurity scares me I guess, if I spent a couple years doing nothing then my money would deplete and it would be harder to get a job if I took all this time out
>>
>>1756969
Yeah that was my point, you're in no position to be thinking about what you're thinking about. Focus on making that into 250k first.
>>
>>1756985

So would you say fuck travelling, get rich?
>>
>>1756996
Can you work overseas?
If you wanna travel and be financially secure, consider a working visa.
>>
>>1756998

I mean my current job won't allow me to work remotely. I guess I could find jobs overseas but it's kind of leading into the unknown, and I don't have skills outside of It which I already despise
>>
>>1757007
What line of work are you in?
You can often apply overseas before going there, if you want to travel it's a better way to do it in terms of spending a decent amount of time there and understanding the place.
>>
Awful advice to give a 20 year old.

OP go and travel. Money is easy to come by and you'll find a job no problem when you come back. Don't listen to these idiots (and even yourself) making money out to be some mystical difficult to attain goal.

You'll regret not spending your money.
>>
>>1756825
Then go travel... Success is measured differently by different people. My personal goal is to move across the country to San Diego and live in my pickup truck. I know plenty of people that did it the "right" way and they are all mostly miserable.

Money is nothing but a means to and end.... Think about what you actually want to do and how much money you need to do it.
>>
>>1757037

>t. travel agent
>>
>>1756770
try to put a spin on your job from a different perspective. Maybe change your voice per call to imitate famous actors or people. I find it quite fun to overload people with kindness until they vomit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.