[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting investing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: data.jpg (650KB, 1128x2186px) Image search: [Google]
data.jpg
650KB, 1128x2186px
Hi /biz/

I started investing and today I made simple tables in excel that show some basic ratios. However, I have no idea how should I read them properly.

Can you help me a little and tell me what am I missing? What should I look for? Which company of these 3 is the best?

I entered all available data.
>>
recommendation: Use english
>>
>>1756667
This is in english (shourtcuts). Invest in glasses please.

PS. To these tables I used current stock price for today.
>>
>>1756649
>Which company of these 3 is the best?
C
>>
>>1756793
can you explain why?

I thought a bit different.

Also, how do you combine these ratios?
>>
File: biz.jpg (146KB, 1327x403px) Image search: [Google]
biz.jpg
146KB, 1327x403px
>>1756798
huge earnings growth every year and never had a loss.also always check dividend history
>>
>>1756649

A is best due to ROE but too short of a history.
>>
File: 123123123.jpg (43KB, 623x427px) Image search: [Google]
123123123.jpg
43KB, 623x427px
>>1756827
I have read it, know about it but I do not have access to all the data I want to calculate that. Plus I am not fully available to correctly translate that to my native, sadly.

I get what you mean by the company "C". Here is it's company chart from the beginning. What do you think now?
>>
Look at the YouTube channel of Martin Shkreli, he made some videos on the basics of investments. It is really good.
>>
historical data is pointless to make investment decisions, its all about forecasting cash flows and discounting them
>>
>>1758059
explain why?
>>
>>1758059
Not really true, although I also prefer making assumptions on fundamental data (cash flows etc).

Historical or technical data doesn't really mean: " oh it happened, so it will happen again", which is what some people really believe.
In my opinion, technical data tells us more about how humans behave and how they influence the market. This will ofcourse change through history, but it is another source of information to base trades on.

I think it is smart to not trust technical data, or use it at all for most applications. But completely discarding it or denying its potential as a usefull tool is a mistake.
>>
>>1758318
>>1756827

How do I find "cash flow" data for a company? I have no idea where to find it in my country. I have simple statistics (financial) for every year on stock market.

No idea how to measure cash flow... Fuck.
>>
>>1758732
Com C would be safest bet, solid history, steadily rising EPS and a so-so ROE.

Also you can find a FCF formula by using Google and the financial statements of your questioned company.
>>
>>1758898
I have found a site that allows me to see some ratios like FCFF or P/E EPS etc.

FCFF should be higher or lower to be good? And how is that according to other ratios?
>>
>>1758732
Look at the company's financial statements, the information you seek is listed within the Statement of Cash Flows. Google how to read through and decipher the information. Have fun.
>>
File: kurwa.jpg (265KB, 1393x826px) Image search: [Google]
kurwa.jpg
265KB, 1393x826px
>>1759188
Ok, I spent a few hours on that. Found every statement from the company I could find. I am unable to check Cash Flow (FCF) because in my native language I can't fucking understand that plus I can;t match informations to formulas.

Pic related, company "A".

I am fucking frustrated.
>>
>>1759557
You lack of basic knowledge. Every business student learns how to calculate FCF.

Seriously, learn the basics. And if you are too lazy to grab a book watch the Shkreli videos like I suggested above.
https://youtu.be/ARrNYyJEnFI
>>
>>1759564
I am not business student. I am municipal police officer. I never had any decent math education, sadly. Would love to change that but it's hard on my own, with my native stupid translations and the fact that I lack even basic maths... Yeah, top kek/10.

If anyone would like to help I'd appreciate. For now I am frustrated cause I wasted few hours for nothing.
>>
>>1759568
Well you speak English, so why don't you search for information in English? Math is math, no matter if it is explained in English or Polish.
Trying to learn something new is not wasted time. This is a toxic mindset.

What you are trying is to bypass a few important steps. Never invest money into something you do not understand! Sit your ass down and learn the basics. Read books. Take notes. Make your own calculations. Study this shit. You won't learn it in a few days.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.