[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Who here has read 48 laws of power? Any feedback? Take aways?
>>
>>1752841
Is that a pic of a Tupacabra?
>>
>>1752935
Read it, take away : meh.

If you want to be an asshole, its a good book, otherwise not so.
>>
>>1752968
would u say it's a good book for empowerment or learning to be successful
>>
>>1752987
Just read this blog instead:

http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/?m=1

Unless you are a politician or running a crime enterprise you should probably skip it.
>>
>>1752968

I just read it this year and mostly agree with this guy.

I would still consider it a must read, especially for people who are timid and often taken advantage of.

It's all the principles of how a person can take advantage of another person, or be taken advantage of. Green doesn't really leave a single example out.

But he's a little long winded, repetitive, and his "laws of power" often ignore the fact that many people are talented, resilient, and hard working, and that's why they suceeded, not some magic rule of thumb they applied.

That being said, you'll take a few key lessons out of it. Some that I got that helped me were:

> Never be boring. It's better to be distasted by some than to be invisible. There is no exception to this.
> Don't outshine the master. Never seem to one-up or out-do someone higher than you.
> Don't 100% pledge allegiances to people, play the ally to most everyone. Until the time comes that you absolutely must take sides.
> Don't rush to battle, dance with a potential enemy a bit, play some games and see what reactions you get. Once you are 100% sure they are your enemy and their is no going back, then become savage and crush them like an ant. Show no mercy.

There's others. Ultimately I do consider it a must read, but take the author with a grain of salt.
>>
>>1753037

Another that I liked:

> Never giveaway how much effort or work you put into your results. Make it seem like you just effortlessly succeeded. This gives an impression of brilliance to those around you.
>>
I'm almost done with it, the book is more about historical examples of how people have exercised power in their favor. I'd say it helps to teach you what to look out for when around power hungry people, and helps you become more direct/understanding when dealing with others.
>>
>>1753091
>> Never giveaway how much effort or work you put into your results. Make it seem like you just effortlessly succeeded. This gives an impression of brilliance to those around you.

Good advice when you need to impress others. However, in some situations, it would be better to exaggerate the amount of work that went into something. For example, if, at work, you complete a difficult task, and make it seem like it was easy, the boss could end up giving you even more work on top of your existing work since you are so "good at your job."

If I was called to add to Green's advice, I would say,

>be average at times and be excellent at other times.

By being average, and then suddenly excelling, you accentuate your success. Also, the boss won't throw so much work your way if he believes that you are unable to handle it. Furthermore, be excellent whenever there is a promotion or raise involved.
>>
>>1753103

I agree. Like I said in my post you can't really apply his rules in every situation you have to know when a given situation requires it.

And yes as a contractor i always play up the effort i put in.
>>
The art of worldly wisdom is much better
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.