[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which job is less likely to be automated? Finance or Accounting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: ivankasexy.jpg (77KB, 380x464px) Image search: [Google]
ivankasexy.jpg
77KB, 380x464px
So which job is less likely to be automated? Finance or Accounting?
>>
>>1750584
Finance. Accounting simply "accounts" for what kind of capital someone has. Finance requires more decisions to be made.
>>
>>1750584
Anything that can be automated by an algorythm will be. A lost of desk math jobs will be automated. No one is better at math than a computer.
>>
File: comfy & sling.jpg (44KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
comfy & sling.jpg
44KB, 409x409px
>>1750584
finance is quite large field by itself. all kinds of jobs whether it's banks, hfunds or typical companies.

accounting itself is very limited but with accounting degree you can do all kinds of shit. just like finance, you could do even accounting with finance degree. these degrees are not written in stone by any means
>>
>>1750584
CPA level public accounting will not be automated any time soon. There are to many variables and snags in the course of work to make automating acceptable. Also it requires professional judgment to render opinions on financial statements
>>
>>1750584
>Finance or Accounting?
Those are majors, not jobs.
>>
>>1750584
90% of both is already automated and more and more are going to be. What used to take someone a week to do, now takes a day because of software. People are now doing more accounts and more filings than ever before because of automation.

Some people won't be replaced but they will take more and more burden due to automation making them much more efficient.
>>
>>1751061
>Also it requires professional judgment to render opinions on financial statements
this is easily doable. the main holdback is all the legacy systems that companies are terrified of trying to replace/standardized
>>
>>1750584
accounting, because turbo tax got rid of the need for accountants. the future in finance is geared towards math degrees and a bit of finance.
>>
>>1750584
you cant automate excel, someones gotta press the buttons.so finance is for humans.
>>
>>1751149
I'm not sure if you are serious or not..

If you are, you are fucking retarded.
>>
It's possible that the current accounting principles are dramatically altered in the future so as to allow automation in accounting. Seeing as how the FASB is run by accountants, I don't ever see that happening. If anything, I can see them complicating accounting principles just to prevent automation.

As for finance, S&T is on the path towards automation. Everything else (IB, CB, M&A, etc.) is so relationship-based that automation would never work.
>>
>>1751061
if( x > y)
do z

etc, really not too complex just alot to do for all of the details
>>
>>1750584
we have already seen trading algorithms cause the structural decline of vanilla financial instrument traders at investment banks. Basically, we don't need people to help large pensions sell/buy large amounts of stocks anymore. this is where derivatives come in to play, and where the money still is if you are in sales/trading at an IB. Basically, we will keep inventing instruments that are more complex so computers can't corner the market completely.
>>
>>1751061
automation might not kill it, but it would probably be able to lower the barrier of entry and greatly reduce the need/demand
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.