[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job interview questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: b2f.png (214KB, 331x335px) Image search: [Google]
b2f.png
214KB, 331x335px
>be me
>apply for a position
>no way in hell they would call me
>they actually call me
>prepare for it
>seems difficult but if I get it, it will advance my career by about 3 years
>at the interview
>visibly anxious
>most anxious I have ever been at one of these things
>I only answer the questions that I am asked without going into detail

I think I fucked up badly, guys. How can I learn from this?
>>
>>1745370
Even if you don't get the job, at least you got some good interviewing practice. Analyze your performance and do better next time.
>>
>>1745397
I think it was a confidence issue more than anything. It would be a big jump for me and I was worried whether or not I could do job. I know it sounds dumb but it is what it is desu.
>>
>>1745370
Apply to jobs that you don't want just to get interview experience.

You also need more confidence.
>>
>>1745840
>Apply to jobs that you don't want just to get interview experience.
I applied but I didn't think they would call me in.

>You also need more confidence.
Yeah, I think that became apparent. How should I proceed going forward? You guys are one of the few boards on here that know what they are saying (basically, you guys helped me pass an exam I had failed and gave me drive to get a position that stated the ball rolling) so I trust you.
>>
>>1745858
Well, you should know what you are talking about to start. And like I said earlier, apply to all kinds of jobs just to get experience talking about what kind of value you can bring to a company. The more practice you get, the more confident you will feel. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot you can read, but practicing on your own will make you a better interviewer (and person).

What specific parts of the interview do you think you fell flat on?
>>
>>1745918
>What specific parts of the interview do you think you fell flat on?
I guess the overall feel of it all. I was just answering the questions precisely, without going into detail. The whole thing took no longer than 15 min.

What spooked me the most was the fact that I was going to be "in the driver seat" so to speak from now on. Essentially I was going to go from a regular worker to a manager-type role and I just spazzed out.
>>
>>1745944
In terms of the things they were asking me to do, I had done them previously but only as an assistant.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.