[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I doing wrong - Shopify?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

My prices are reasonable, I think I have good products, although I definitely need more. I've had over 150 views, but not a single sale. Wtf is up with that? I'm targeting to the right audience and everything. Any tips would be appreciated.

site: mood.pw
instagram: @mood
>>
you're selling lingerie. You need to narrow into a microniche. Like 40 year old soccer moms living in south carolina who want to fuck their daughter's boyfriends.

Seriously the milf thing is fucking huge. Lots of moms are willing to get into lingerie modelling too to feel sexy and relive their youth. They do it for free and are always down to fuck. You're welcome.
>>
>>1734394
also don't sell polyester shit. Bitches don't buy it.
>>
Your site doesn't "feel" right imo, but it's better than that other guy who was selling lingerie yesterday. In fact, I'm inclined to think you literally copied him...

Anyways, you need to build up a better instagram following.
>>
>>1734403
I did get the lingerie idea from the guy posting his dropshipping walkthrough, but I don't just specialize in lingerie. I'm buying shoutouts from textpost accounts as they have a large young girl following. Look at babeshop.co (@babe) on Instagram. I sold him that account and he's had thousands in sales.
>>
>>1734394
Okay I'm going to be brutally honest here: your site sucks. I don't think the niche is a bad one but your particular site is just bad.

It just feels unfinished and amateurish if I'm honest. Maybe I'm a bit harsh because I'm a web dev myself but honestly I would never buy from that store. Why?

>broken links (your fucking faq page doesn't work!)
>standard out of the box shopify theme with zero modifications
>completely random products - underwear and iphone cases? what the fuck?
>poor images some of which are watermarked
>.pw domain
>no logo and zero branding - what is your company even about?

This website just looks like something a teenager threw together in an afternoon. Put some fucking effort into it anon. Also, you stole that other anon's niche which is pretty gay tbqhfam.
>>
>>1734450
I know my FAQ page doesn't work. I honestly forgot about that.

Free themes are ok

Random products are ok because it's instagram and my target audience is young girls

Images are poor obviously. I will remove the watermarked ones, though

.pw domain because it matches everything I have "Mood.PW, @Mood, even my xbox gamertag is Mood"

Also, I'm 18 and I threw this together in 2 hours.

Answer this; how is babeshop.co (@babe) doing so well?
>>
>>1734410

Can you find the products babeshop is selling on AliExpress?

Why not just emulate their site and sell the same things?

Obviously not everything, but cater it to the whole "mood" thing.
>>
>>1734459
Sorry if I came across as harsh. I hope you take some of it onboard and improve your site man.

babeshop.co features far better branding and presents itself as a more trustworthy company.

Just glancing at it for a few seconds reveals an FAQ and order tracking option as well as a much nicer colour scheme.

If you want people to buy from you they have to trust you first. You have to make it look like you're a legitimate business even if you're just a kid running a dropshipping website from his bedroom.

Good luck.
>>
>>1734467
He's my friend and I don't want to resell his shit. Disrespectful as fuck. I even sold him @babe for $2.5k
>>
>>1734468
>>1734459

babeshop is still shit, imo, but the reason he's making so much is because his site looks better than yours, and his page looks better,

all his images are high quality, and all have a similar theme (wooden coat hanger), no people in the clothing, etc.

he also has a very simple pink stripe theme with black on footer, it's very easy to read and understand.

one thing i dont like is he displays all the categories on top and it clutters the header, but it would be "fine" to the mind of a girl.

he also has 48k followers, and gets 5k likes on his pictures, you have 1700 and get 50 likes, so you need to build up your following, and do it in a streamlined way that is consistent as well as simple to the minds of girls.
>>
>>1734468
It's ok. I need criticism, but I think I am going to give up. I'll take one last try and if anyone's interested, setup my shopify store and I'll pay you.

>>
>>1734473

There is no reason why even if he is your friend that you can't start a different company and sell the same things, or sell less of the same things, and some of your own things

it's all about "starting" and once you start, people will buy whatever you're selling, if their "experience" was good with you the first time

maybe choose some of his best sellers, and add on your own products plus those, and get the money coming in, then expand to whatever else you want that is different.
>>
that facial mask video on instagram ....yikes
>>
>>1734482
because it's competition. we buy ads from the same people. he will outdo me every time, there's no point competing with him. Should I maybe stick to one product like the black facial mask thing? I know for a fact they get a lot of sales.
>>
>>1734486
Kek I just watched that....

>OMG I NEED THIS
>>
>>1734486
holy fuck why
>>
File: 20170110_153056.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_153056.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>He hasn't bought his plexdeck from plexdeck.com yet

Haha oh WEW LAD!
>>
>>1734494

Yeah that's fine just use some products that sell well for sure and then introduce your own products later as you get more exposure and your account grows

You have to start by offering similar products to gain that trust then you can branch out.
>>
which one of you did this? had a laugh. thanks
>>
>>1734394
>.pw
if you had a .com you'd be making lots of sales

Get TheMood.com or something like that
you're selling to normies that get spooked by anything
>>
>>1735854
>normies that get spooked by anything
:)
>>
>.pw
>putting products with chinese text on front page
>no favicon
>no terms of service or anything in footer
>FAQ goes to about:blank
>site looks like it was designed by a 10 yr old
>>
>>1734459
nvm fuck trying to give you advice you retarded kid
>>
>>1734394

Take the word "sexy" out of your product titles.
>>
>>1734394
Op is an edgy faggot. Go finish high school and then come back to /biz/
>>
>>1734473
>babeshop.co
Can you tell your friend to hook me up with a referral?
>>
>>1734394
>Anti-Human Trafficking T-Shirt
Oh wow. What a retard.
>>
>>1734459
Why the fuck did you sell "babe" instagram name? thats a killer name.
Also making money on the internet is all about luck, so switch things up until you get lucky, thats all.
>>
>>1736461
Seriously, 2.5k was a steal for that haha

Fucking moron got ripped off.
>>
>>1736466
this.
the guy has OG names such as "mood" and "babe" and he's unable to make money off of IG (literally the easiest social media to make money on)

I can't fucking believe he sold "BABE" for 2.5k$ USD jesus fuck im annoyed by how stupid you are OP
how did you even get those names ? you missed the opportunity to get rich easily by doing exactly what your friend is doing. seriously, take a look at his ig, dont you think you could do the same ? his posts are shit clickbait memes for 14yo girls and it's clearly working well for him

i hope you'll learn a lesson from this OP, im sure your "friend" is laughing all the way to the bank at your stupidity
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.