[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MASSIVE DATA BREACH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: photo.jpg (31KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
31KB, 900x900px
As of 4 hours ago user data of 20,000,000+ people has been stolen. It wasn't a virus or some phishing scam. Multiple backup servers were stolen after being left alone and unguarded in the soon to be future HQ.
The story will run tomorrow. The only reason I know is because my dad is a retired Santa Clara County officer and listens to his shortwave scanner at night.
If you have stock dump it now.
>>
>>1731436
>my dad works for x
How's elementary school going?
>>
File: IMG_0004.jpg (89KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.jpg
89KB, 1024x640px
>>1731436
Thanks Bebe
>>
How can I dump stock when markets are closed until Monday?.

>>
>>1731436
phew

sold, thanks
>>
>>1731446
Tuesday
>>
>>1731455
I have a dream!

That markets will be closed Monday.
>>
20m is nothing and doesn't have an impact on the stock.
take Linkedin for example, 170m users dumped, 117m out of them had SHA1 passwords (basically plaintext), it didn't have an effect on the stock price and they were sold to Microsoft several weeks later and stock went up.
>>
>>1731490
Wtf

Why does anyone use this piece of shit then
>>
>>1731491
Users don't understand the severity of a data breach..
>>
>>1731490

> Google
> LinkedIn
> Same thing

K
>>
FUCK I'M IN SANTA CLARA.
>>
>>1731446
>what is OTC trading
the spreads are silly tho
any more proof OP?
>>
>>1731436
>shortwave scanner
>user data of 20,000,000+ people has been stolen

Sounds exactly like something the police would use shortwave radio to communicate. I mean, it's a life or death situation! If more than 15M users are affected, officers need body armor.
>>
>>1731542
I think he's referring to the theft of hardware at a specific local installation.

Humorous post, though.
>>
File: 1483894334579.jpg (774KB, 898x700px) Image search: [Google]
1483894334579.jpg
774KB, 898x700px
>>1731436
>20 million

You know 1 billion people actively use gmail as of a year ago right?
>>
>>1731715
if the site was not operational it's unlikely the servers had any data at all.
>>
File: Gunit.png (385KB, 1680x904px) Image search: [Google]
Gunit.png
385KB, 1680x904px
>>1731436
This can't be good.

What will they do?
>>
>>1731436
if it's true (which i highly doubt) it should teach google to encrypt their fucking hard drives.
>>
>>1731436
>I'm going to go on a japanese image board and tell a lie to get google stock to drop

What was OP thinking?
>>
>>1731542
Google pretty much owns the police and media in the area. The story hasn't managed to get out yet because none of the police will comment. If they can't verify it nobody will touch it out of fear of being sued. The security footage shows three middle eastern men apparently according to chatter.
>>1732054
It's a matter of time now before it gets leaked
>>
>>1732375

did they get my pictures stored in teh clouds?
>>
>>1731436

>He thinks the largest tech company in the world isn't using extremely strong encryption for data at rest

-0/10
>>
File: Borg.jpg (35KB, 590x424px) Image search: [Google]
Borg.jpg
35KB, 590x424px
>>1731803
>>
Update

F.B.I. has been brought in because this is being treated as a federal crime.
>>
>>1733672
what an interesting thing to hear on a scanner.

hell, that's the sort of information they'd never announce over the radio on a public channel. There's absolutely no reason to let a bunch of street cops know over the radio that the FBI was joining an investigation none of them was working on.

I'm not going to call you a shit-ass liar.
>>
>>1731516
yes you're right, while google is used by normies and is free so they will continue to use it, linkedln is making profit with subscriptions by professionals. I see how a leak at google is more severe.
>>
>>1733676
You can't read.
>>
>>1732865
the retards probably don't because it would slow the servers down somewhat unless it's hardware encrpytion but that is more hassle to manage.

i wish i was wrong about it, but if they used ecryption there would be no reason to physically destroy their drives when they replace them they could donate them to schools and stuff or even sell them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.