[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resume Thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: resume sample.png (33KB, 603x647px) Image search: [Google]
resume sample.png
33KB, 603x647px
Can we get a resume critique thread?
Just put this one together today.
>>
But the technical college on top of high school. What are you learning there?
Don't put a "Career Goal", you don't have a career
Don't put the Navy if you got kicked out after a month. Pretend it never happened
>>
You write your resume based on where you are applying.

Work history first, education last.

Career goal should be called summary and should be something based on where you are applying such as "seeking an entry level position creating food at x store" where I can develop my skills as a sandwich artist.

Don't have a section called personal details. Just put your name up top as the biggest font, then under it, put your address, phone, and email, and then put a big line under it to separate from the rest of the resume.
>>
File: resume_example.png (85KB, 818x825px) Image search: [Google]
resume_example.png
85KB, 818x825px
>>1731173
Formatting needs work. See if you can find the Mergers & Inquisitions resume template. That's a really solid, really sleek template for people in any industry (not just (((Finance))) ).

See pic - this is mine. It's a really solid format, and adequately hypes me up. Also, when describing experience, always use active verbs
>>
>>1731412
Thats a nice resume
>>
File: 1484207920173.jpg (56KB, 640x701px) Image search: [Google]
1484207920173.jpg
56KB, 640x701px
>>1731173
Don't format contact information like this:
Phone: numbers numbers numbers (can't write a fake number because of the stupid fucking spam filter)
Email: [email protected]
Ect...

Just put your phone number and email on their own. People can figure out [email protected] is a email, and it makes your resume look more polished.
>>
wow is biz actually this stupid? Didn't think anyone would be successful, but i was at least expecting just 1 redeeming quality. You've got none
>>
>putting internships on a resume
If you were a good intern how come you didn't get the job? Probably because you're a shit worker with a chip on his shoulder thinking his employer cares about his GPA.
>>
>>1731959
>getting a job at you internship
This doesn't happen much at larger corporations, they'll often have a rule that the firm must have X number of interns, but if they don't need new full-timers, they won't get an offer after graduation. Also, even if they do offer, it might not be a good offer. Personally, if I had taken a job where I did my internship, my salary would be about half as it is now.

tldr: employers won't bat an eye at this
>>
File: rez.png (73KB, 731x857px) Image search: [Google]
rez.png
73KB, 731x857px
>>
>>1731173
>familiar with web browsers

Kek. Your resume is awful
>>
Don't put in reasons why you left and only tell them about the medical condition if they ask.

>>1732207
>cryptocurrency
I laughed

It's best to cater your resume to the job you're applying for.. keep it easy to read
>>
>>1732207
>business admin concentration pleb
>not pure accounting major master race
Lol kill yourself
>>
I had to ommit alot places I worked.

Iam trying to go for data analysis or digtial marketing(were i have some experience) help on tailoring? Suggestion on stuff I could write in?

EXPERIENCE

Coding: HTML,CSS, JavaScript, SQL,

Tools:Excel, Google Adwords,Analytics,SAP,

Coding Participant & Creator,
From wireframe to conception, built websites and apps for millennials using HTML, CSS & JavaScript

Delivered pitch presentation to over 100 registered guests at #Omitted program demo day

Completed 140+ hours of intensive coding and lean startup/entrepreneurship curriculum

EXHIBITION

Speaker, Teacher, Technical Support

Taught hour long workshops on, Metadata, Privacy, and the growing monetization of data

Informed 100+ users on various Encryption, TOR, and VPN tools for both desktop and mobile

Provided technical support on Smartphones, Laptops and Password management

FREELANCE MARKETING
Brand ambassador & Marketing

Pitched and Set up contracts from start to completion

Submit daily detailed reports of inventory, payroll hours, and material used

Secured $80,000+ in Software and Hardware Sales for various clients and venues

Attended to over 100 inquiries/day and provided appropriate feedback

DIGITAL WRITER
Copywriter, Ghost Blogger, Online reviewer

Generated 200+ pieces of custom content for multiple platforms

Organized 100+ hours of content using popular website templates, blog formats, social media platforms

Utilized and applied SEO and Google analytics, knowledge on appropriate content.

VOLUNTEER WORK
Raised over 5000+ dollars for various campaigns

Supervised and trained students and coworkers on the finer points of theology, philosophy, and politics

Assisted in staffing for community outreach events

Preformed other duties as assigned
>>
>>1731412
nice resume...only thing I'd have to say is take off the Pink Floyd in your interests and maybe put another hobby. Although who knows, maybe it'd be one of those things that some old fuck sees and is like "I remember Pink Floyd concerts when I was his age, let's hire him!"
>>
>>1731412
>>1732294
also political discussion, you shouldn't bring those opinions to a new work environment imo. It'll mostly likely just bring trouble
>>
Some more help guys?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.