[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teamwork Meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 3d7.png (215KB, 381x291px) Image search: [Google]
3d7.png
215KB, 381x291px
So what started this whole "teamwork" craze that's going on in todays corporate world? It seems that EVERY job or internship position nowadays has some group assignment as part of its selection process. Companies don't just want you to be able to work with other people on a task, they want you to become best friends with your colleagues. Is there a place in todays society for someone who doesn't like working with other people?
>>
Be a garbage man or truck driver
>>
>>1729190
>Is there a place in todays society for someone who doesn't like working with other people?
No
>>
>>1729190

Contractor work or other self-employment
>>
>>1729944
Do you like money?
If not, then you'll find plenty of non-interactive work
>>
>>1729190
Think.
Take McDonalds as a case study for this. If a McDonalds restaurant has 15 employees, and each hour they received an average of 100 orders.

The moment 1 of the 5 grill/fryer operators stops to make sure that there is enough fries to go with the meals that are coming in, is the moment each order gets put on hold.
The manager needs to make sure that each employee is sticking to their job, and the till operators need to keep communication with the fillers, so that all the machines are kept topped up, becasue it is their job to fill McFlurry cups and make Coffee/Hot chocolate's for customers.

My point is, communication, no matter how trivial the job may seem, is essential.
>>
>>1729190

I feel like corporate culture takes nice ideas like teamwork and shits all over it and dumbs it down as worse as possible.
>>
I've always thought the irony of misanthropes is that they too are people

get over it, kid
>>
>>1730010
Implying I don't hate myself too
>>
>Is there a place in todays society for someone who doesn't like working with other people?

Of course there is. You need already be experienced though, so you can skip the group selection process. Then you need a boss that understands you are there to work and are more productive when left alone.

git gud then your work record lets you do this
>>
>>1729190

It's a meme and has actually been proven by many peer reviewed studies to hurt morale and produce a lesser work product.

Most work requires a group of people working individually on each part of an assignment and periodically coming together.
>>
File: IMG_0491.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0491.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>1729190
Jolly co-operation friend!
On a serious note it's more efficient in the work place to assign people in small teams. This allows for the management staff to see whose slacking, who takes charge, etc.
It also makes it easier to lay off more employees.
>>
>>1729190
It's not that I don't like working with other people. It's that I don't like working with dumb people and being graded on their poor performance. What field are you in, computers? Because computers are the worst. You're never allowed to file a bug report, let alone do anything cool, because some retard might feel bad. If you were writing a novel, it'd be 100 pages of 'hurrr durrr duh durr" because Johnny can't read or stop slobbering all over the table.
>>
>>1729190
They know they are foooked if they don't hire the snowflakes.

So they cater to it.

It won't work.
>>
>>1729190
They want the few good employees to split into 'teams' with shitty employees so they even out.

-1887 Milton Friedman, Relational Advantage
>>
>>1731191
Yeah, why not fire all the shitty employees in the first place?everyone.
>>
>>1732305
Whoops I accidentally a word.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.