[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be acceptable to wear a bolo tie to a job interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Would it be acceptable to wear a bolo tie to a job interview or actual suit and tie type of job or will I just look like an idiot?

I was going to approach /fa/ with this question but I would rather have a /biz/ perspective since I am assuming you guys are more experienced with business formal etiquette and fashion.

I live in Canada so they are not a common sight here. My issue with normal ties is that they are not super comfortable and I always feel extra hot when its not loosened a lot.
>>
That looks stupid as shit
>>
>>1728795
but is it still passable. im interested because they are easy to care for and they dont prevent heat from escaping around the collar.

might explain why they are more popular in the warmer states.
>>
Unless you are an 80 year old rancher, I would feel disrespected if somebody wore something like that in my presence.
>>
File: collarextender.jpg (95KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
collarextender.jpg
95KB, 500x462px
You would look like an idiot.

If you have to ask, that means you have doubts. Don't wear "doubtful" clothing to an interview, even if you might like to take risks on other occasions.

If you want a tie that is different but not weird, I recommend a black knit tie. Use a four-in-hand knot, which as far as I'm concerned is the only knot anyone should ever use.

if you feel hot when wearing a tie, the problem is probably your collar. It's too tight.
While what you should be doing is wearing a tailored shirt, in the meantime, pick up a collar extender.
>>
>>1728808
I should add that silk is a naturally cool fabric. if your ties have been stifling you, they were probably made of polyester. Go for either pure silk or pure cotton.

Between the death of cheap tailoring and the invention of polyester, it's no wonder that working class people abhor wearing a shirt and tie.
>>
>>1728786
How about never wearing that you hipster faggot.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.