[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aunt has money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 20150321_153545.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150321_153545.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
My aunt has about 85k and is needing to go to a nursing home. She doesn't k now if it's permanent or not. I'm the POA and we're trying to get her Medicaid. what do I do with the money so she can keep it to give to us when she passes and still get her medicaid. Please help biz
>>
>>1727863
Bitcoin.

No really, bitcoin is great for hiding money
>>
>>1727863
Where is the 85k?
>>
Let her have her money you asshole, get her good nursing/medical aid. when she dies by a natural way you can have it.
>>
>>1727863
From what I can tell there is nothing you can do. The only thing that might work is the housing exemption for siblings, but she will have to pay until those conditions are met.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/072215/quick-guide-medicaid-and-nursing-home-rules.asp?lgl=mt1ic-ads-in-content
>>
>>1727863
Have a Will ... AND a Living Trust.

you will avoid probate once she dies.

See what long term care insurance she may get.
>>
>>1727863
Could probably place the funds into an irrevocable trust that renders the funds inaccessible for a number of years. Not a lawyer so you might not legally be able to do that for medicare purposes.
>>
>>1728800

Just be careful about how you hide it, or you might never find it again...
>>
>>1728919
Op here. She just wants to leave us something when she passes. Money's from selling real estate of hers before she finds a home. I thought about having her give it to my kid in a trust she could get at 18(she's 17 now) and my kid give it bad to us when she's 18 or which ever age we pick. That way she can get help and still leave us something
>>
>>1727863
that's an interesting question to ask a lawyer.
>>
>>1728934
Thats kind of what you do. Buy $85k of bitcoin and keep it on a physical wallet, "lose" the wallet. You're now "broke"

Aunt dies, you "find" the wallet going through her possesions
>>
>>1727863

Is she collecting social security.

Sorry to give you bad news but $85k is not gonna get her a good nursing home.

My mom has about $900k and she can only afford a mid level nursing home to live out her remaining years. her situation is unique though.
>>
>>1729139
>daughter runs with the money

Holy fuck please happen
>>
>>1730204
Ya and we're trying to save her money to get her medicaid so she can have some then to leave us. She doesn't have a lot of family left and feels close to us.
>>
>>1727863

Call a Trust & Estates attorney and ask about an Irrevocable Trust. Aunt can gift her money away to the Trust so it's no longer hers.

There's a five year look back period for Medicaid, though... Good luck.
>>
>>1727863

That nursing home is going to eat up that 85k in no time
>>
>>1730899
I was thinking that. If I made it for a kid would it look better? Like it was intended for college or something.
>>
>>1731060
no.

they will reverse gifts you gave to the starving widows and orphans fund. You're not the first person to try to get away with this.
>>
>>1731065
Well shit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.