[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investing options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: CI-dpOtUwAAvnki.jpg (91KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CI-dpOtUwAAvnki.jpg
91KB, 600x800px
Hey /biz/. I was wondering what the most effective investment option with a $100k Canadian is. No meme answers please, I don't wanna buy you're pump & dump penny stocks. I was thinking along the lines of either rental property (down payment) or a mutual fund. I appreciate any input!
>>
>>1726711
Real estate market, especially in Canukistan is overvalued, in a bubble, ready for collapse.

Mutual funds, same kinda difference since stocks are overpriced especially the ones index mutual funds track.

My sugggestion is to look up Master Limited Partnerships in the USA. It's a class of companies that call themselves that for tax purposes and what they really do is just ship and store crude and natural gas with pipe-lines like they try to build through indian burial grounds and shit.

Anyways, they pay huge dividends, like a trust, they have high profit margins and very little or no debt. So long as their oil flowing in North America they'll keep paying dividends, since their customers have no choice but to pay them to get their product to the market.

7% is typical annual dividends. That'd be $7000 canukibux a year, for whatever that's worth to you.
>>
>>1726727
can an american short canadian housing
>>
>>1726739
Yeah. Look up REITs on Nasdaq.com stock screener or somesuch and find which ones are in heavily involved in Canadian residential real estate. Dunno when the bubble will actually pop though so I wouldn't try to time a put option or anything crazy.

If it was anything like the real estate crash in the US, it'll implode overnight for no obvious reason.
>>
cannabis industry is expected to grow 10* in the next 5 years, look into holding one of the bigger ones

rental properties are usually pretty shit because provinces usually give renters more rights than landlords

>>1726727
>My sugggestion is to look up Master Limited Partnerships in the USA. It's a class of companies that call themselves that for tax purposes and what they really do is just ship and store crude and natural gas with pipe-lines like they try to build through indian burial grounds and shit.

OP is Canadian, taxes mean that it's better to own a Canadian company that pays 10% than an american that pays 14%

only good time for a canadian to buy american equities is when the dollar is high

>>1726739
5 banks control 80% of the market, all trade on nyse
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_(banks)
government will just allow even more immigrants if housing stops growing
>>
OP here, great advice so far guys thanks!

>>1726727
I'm wary of doing international business since I am not very familiar with international trade law yet, and I don't want to step in something I can't crawl out of.

>>1726773
>cannabis industry is expected to grow 10* in the next 5 years

If this is true, there is huge investment opportunities in cannabis, do you have an idea how I can learn about this investment better?
>>
INVEST IN RNVA RIGHT NOW IT IS GOING TO THE MOON
>>
>>1727311
take a look at these individual companies
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SMwOnkgE49oJDONkwuPQNZ5-azDxE74Zf3XjKYgD3zQ/edit#gid=0

right now there's 130000 medical patients, and they're adding thousands of new prescriptions every month

might have to wait three or four years for full legalization to see the big returns
>>
>>1727314
This. You don¨t get many like this one.
>>
>>1728252

Go on...
>>
>>1726711
open a forex account and trade
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.