[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bimetallism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.jpg (39KB, 760x313px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
39KB, 760x313px
Hey /biz/,

How would bimetallism be successful?
>>
>>1726108

It would be successful in that the depreciation of the currency would be arrested. That is, governments would no longer be able to use the stealth tax of inflation to rob people of their savings.

But bimetallism has a problem, too, since the price ratios of the two metals can vary quite a bit from the official ratio set by a sovereign. This will cause problems where one metal may become rarer than the other for periods of time.
>>
Is there a place I could read up about owning precious metals? I find the idea of owning physical gold and silver to be very interesting.
>>
>>1726581
You have to read around a bit, trying to find 'independent' commentators, who aren't taking 'enthusiast' to the obsessive stage and remain grounded in reality. Failing that, just get your head around what the market offers: Goldmoney.com/r/mdCA4w etc., and use your common sense to figure out if it's legit or not. I'd just play around with it for a bit to get a feel for how it works, and see if it's for you. Obviously depends how much time and effort you're willing to put into it, and there's different 'levels' of the game for different levels of commitment.
>>
>>1726581
Make sure you read oppositional views, such as Warren Buffet on gold, a lot of people have made very poor returns on gold in the last 5 years.

Personally I hold some gold miners as they give exposure to gold and also a return.
>>
>>1726581
Good history lesson right here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE88E9ICdipidHkTehs1VbFzgwrq1jkUJ
>>
>>1726869
Unless you have millions, don't buy gold, its not that good of an investment.

Do what >>1726581 said, especially ones with dividends.
>>
>>1728598
gold is EXPENSIVE AS SHIT
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.