[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High risk investments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1483661345416.jpg (45KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1483661345416.jpg
45KB, 500x750px
I want to invest in something that's high risk/potentially high reward.

I'm already saving money the safe way (safe enough that it will survive through inflation in my country, anyway), so now I want to use, say, five percent or so of what's left in something riskier. Even if that means losing that money.

Not something that's blatantly tied with chance, like sport bets. More like innovative startups and the like.

How do I start?

Also, can I invest in US companies if I don't live in USA?
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
>>1725872
>I want to invest in something that's high risk
>Not something that's blatently tied with chance
>>
>>1725879
Yeah, everything is based on luck. You know what I meant, you fucking faggot
>>
Look at vanguard high risk top 10 holdings and go from there
>>
>>1725872
I invested 12k in CSBR two days ago and it rose 15 percent. Sold it and made 2k.

GXY is a penny stock that might rise, but it's risky. Can't find it on my broker.
>>
File: 1483318826197.gif (301KB, 270x271px) Image search: [Google]
1483318826197.gif
301KB, 270x271px
>>1725872
robinhood account

buy LTC STAG EPR MAIN PSEC EVV in equal amounts. over time this will build up a small dividend return. This is a medium/mid high risk since it is a small selection of stocks but they have decent yields per share and the price per share isn't astronomical. Something like 201 dollars for all 6 companies per share set.

The amount of risk depends on how much you invest and your time horizon. If you care less about the principle of your investment and more about the dividend then this is a fair and balanced risk for the long term.
>>
>>1725888
if you think innovative startups are any less chancey then sports games.....you may be in for a rude awakening
>>
>>1725899
>>1725896
>>1725889
Thanks for the advice guys.

Can I buy through Robinhood outside the USA?

>>1725906
They are just as chancey, but in sports you bet for an atomic operation. After it's finished, that's it, it doesn't keep growing. You also have to consider that betting for the underdog returns more money, and for the favorite, much less. If you bet an infinite amount times, you'll probably end up with 0.

Companies, if you have the luck or the foresight, once they become big enough, they'll keep returning for a long time. Chances are, of course, I'll never have that luck or foresight.
>>
any far out of the money option
>>
>>1725943
atm you can't that I know of.
however you can certainly buy stock via shareholder discount brokers on the web. Usually you go to the companies website and see what brokerage they like to use for their stock.
>>
>>1725943
Put it all on OWCP

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/OWCP?p=OWCP

I'm up over 100% If the cream they are developing gets IRB approval it's going to a dollar+
>>
bitcoin x100 leverage
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.