[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /shitpostingatwork/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: o-GARFIELD-facebook.jpg (360KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-GARFIELD-facebook.jpg
360KB, 2000x1000px
Who /shitpostingatwork/ here?
>>
>>1724308
Not right now but I will be in a few hours. I work an assembly line job that only takes 20 seconds for a 50 second "job" so it's perfect for shitposting everyday
>>
I am, although I came here looking for career advice because my temp shitposting job will be ending soon
>>
>>1724470
What would you like to ask?
>>
>>1724308
allday everyday, except busy times.
>>
>>1724474
I've been working as a temp administrative assistant at my university since August and I've really loved it. After a tough undergrad schedule of research and overachieving craziness, this job felt balanced, impactful, and calming to me. I love my school and I've loved making it run more smoothly in my own small way.

Now, my temp position finishes on February 28th, and true to their word, my bosses have internally posted a permanent position that I can aim for that would be an expanded version of my role. The only thing I'm worried about is that it miiight be a little beyond my grasp. My temp position didn't have much administrative experience qualifications, but this new position wants 3 years of it. I might be able to spin my time as president of my honor society as that type of experience, but I'm nor sure how well that will fly.

During my time here I've been able to network a bit and win some favor with one of my bosses. She said that she'd like to be a resource in helping me find somewhere to land after my temp position expires. Is it professional to put out feelers with her within the university while ALSO gunning for that internal, permanent position? How can I balance those pursuits?
>>
>>1724488
>Is it professional to put out feelers with her within the university while ALSO gunning for that internal, permanent position? How can I balance those pursuits?
Yes, it is fine. You can even tell her that you are going to apply for that position.

And don't be put off by the "3 years of experience" part. HR people put that on job descriptions to discourage people who aren't ambitious it's really meaningless. If you've already proved yourself in your current job and have people to vouch for you, you are already leagues ahead of other anonymous applicants.
>>
>>1724675
Thanks for the advice, anon. I just didn't want to basically say "I'd like to apply for X position.... and uhhh do you know any other positions I can apply to as a fallback?"

Even though that is what I want, I don't want to come off poorly and lose ALL my prospects
>>
>>1724710
Don't worry about it too much. Tell her that your interested in that position and you plan on applying for it. Then ask if there are any other places that might be hiring for positions that fit your qualifications.

It's not going to be seen as offensive or lower your prospects. People do this all the time. It's called networking. If the person likes you, they want to see you succeed whether it is at their organization or another.
>>
>>1724720
You're right anon, thanks a lot. We'll see how it goes!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.