[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stock Market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: speculators.jpg (44KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
speculators.jpg
44KB, 400x291px
a lot of people in my office(IT Company, no one has a background in finance) focus a great amount into the stock market. I recently just joined this firm and their overwhelming interest in penny stocks and making small but comfortable money makes me interested in the stock market. Although a dangerous game to play, I'm always interested in making an extra few thousand every now and then. But I don't want to start until I'm positive in what I'm looking at and what I'm investing for.

What I'm trying to say is that, where do I start to learn finance of this degree? any tips? any hints?
>>
buy sp500 wait 40 years
>>
wait until the bubble bursts and buy the dip
>>
Penny stocks are cheap for a reason.

Play blackjack instead. Better odds.
>>
>>1722231
You're not going to make a few thousand every now and then dealing penny stocks. You are going to lose a few thousand every now and then if you're stupid enough to put that much money in such risky investments.
>>
> small but comfortable money
> penny stocks

Pick one.
>>
Penny stocks are for idiots
>>
>>1722231
>download the Robinhood app
>visit the /rhg/ thread here on /biz/
>watch for hot tips
>...
>profit!
>>
File: 1477405771475.gif (11KB, 468x60px) Image search: [Google]
1477405771475.gif
11KB, 468x60px
>>1722391
>>
>>1722231
>no one has a background in finance
>their overwhelming interest in penny stocks
It all fits
>>
Have you seen the wolf of wall street? Where he enters that small brokerage and the owner of the place says he sells the penny stocks to smucks? (postman, milkman, customer assistants etc.). Same principal

Watch Martin Shrekli's videos on finance, they're good. Read some books and follow forums. Learn to find value through your own analysis (although if you have the right level of understanding and the right sources of info from the internet then you'll be fine without) and learn entry points through price action.

My personal strategy is:

1) Wait until the weekend
2) Find companies who are issuing their earnings the following week BEFORE market opens
3) research the fuck out of those companies
4) pick one or two to trade
5) buy or sell the stock depending on your analysis and predictions
6) input a tight stop before the market opens on the day of release as a fail-safe, that way if earnings go against your prediction you limit your losses
>>
>>1722389

Say that to my 80% gain on $MSTX in 2 weeks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.