[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Margin Call - the movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

I saw the movie Margin Call recently i have a some questions about what they jobs where of the characters. I have the feeling the some were just team managers that would manage the sales teams but they were not very knowledgebale about the financial markets or economics or business. They were basically middle management and they got the job becuase they were in the right place at the right time. Help me understand.

Kevin Spacyes character.
In my view he was the team manager i drscribe above. When the team was low he gathered the team and gave them a peptalk and made them believe in it and made them work a little harder. That was he basic function.
>>
Paul Bettany
He was Kevin Spaceys eyes and ears on the floor. When the team only needed a small pep-talk he could probably give it. But when they needed a serious pep-talk Spacye would do it. He was probably a sales person on the floor and through some skill and ass kissing got his current job below Spacye.
>>
Simon Baker
I don't get this guys job. I understand that he is above Spacey. But what is his actual job? What does he do on a day to day basis. When the others talked about him they called him a "killer". What is he a killer at? Is he deal maker?

Help me understand. I am interested in the banking world and trying to understand it.
>>
>>1721749
Betany is desk head
Spacey is floor head
Baker is division head

Moore is chief risk management officer
Tucci is head of risk management
Quinto is junior risk analyst
>>
Pls don't take Hollywood's propaganda as truth.

Hollywood always tries to make Wall Street look like a bunch of idiots because they are a bunch of artsy commie scum
>>
>>1721749
>trying to analyze hollywood films
wew lad

>>1721860
this
>>
>>1721860
This.

Finance movies, from Wall Street to the Big Short, just make Wall Streeters look like idiots or douchebags or both. It plays to the public's sensibilities because actually portraying them as useful members of society wouldn't sell because it would be an uninteresting movie. It'd be like if the movie War Dogs was about a bunch of aerospace engineers at Lockheed Martin and not arms dealers.
>>
>>1721928

Eh. There was a scene to where Will was going on about how they provide the lavished life style normies live each day. Could be seen as truth, but could be seen as making em' out to a Chad.
>>
>>1721857
this

Moore is chief risk management officer overseeing all divisions.

Baker is division head
Tucci is head of risk management for that division.
There are many floors in a division.
Spacey is floor head
There are many desks on a floor.
Betany is desk head
There are many people on a desk.
Quinto is junior risk analyst on a desk.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.