[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ I recquire your assistance !

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: lol.png (92KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
92KB, 1366x768px
I'm new here and I'm student in Computer Science. My speciality is Business Intelligence that means I can build Data warehouse/Cube.
I'm also able to build smartphones app, Web site, java app from scratch etc..
I'm not afraid of trying new things but I have no fucking clue on how I can create value with these skills ! Have you got any ideas ??!

PS : the picture is an example of cube I made for one of few projects we had at school and yes the langage is French ! I'm a baguettee Anon
Peace
>>
>>1721729
Salut, fellow baguette.
I think we are all there. Looking to turn our skills into money. We all lack the idea.
>>
File: 1427857390750.png (299KB, 606x401px) Image search: [Google]
1427857390750.png
299KB, 606x401px
>>1721729
>My speciality is Business Intelligence that means I can build Data warehouse/Cube.
I thought you said you were in computer science, not memeology.

>I have no fucking clue on how I can create value with these skills
Setting up glorified spread sheeting software isn't a very marketable skill, especially if you no idea how to run it in an actual production environment.
>>
File: 1482853823636.jpg (92KB, 500x651px) Image search: [Google]
1482853823636.jpg
92KB, 500x651px
>>1721745
Yeah I know man but I hope someone will come and share an amazing idea I could use to make some money, who knows :D

>>1721765
Humm I actually did few interships in phone app dev and programming (within an actual production environnement) but I agree my business intelligence skills are only therorical
>>
>>1721745
>>1721791

The best thing to do is find work in the field, and after a year (or a few) you will not only have funds saved, experience and a network of people in similar work areas but also you will have 5-10 ideas of how to improve certain things that the companies bureaucracy, due to funding, or opposing ideas (most likely,) simply can't implement as fast as you can if you go at it full time or doesn't think is a good enough idea.
>>
>>1721729
>>1721745

I have some ideas but I lack the motivation to excecute them

CS Stelze reportan.
>>
>>1721811
Then quit bitching, if you have the time and you're just being lazy then it's your fault other people have the initiative but lack the creativity (which is much less there fault, if at all.)
>>
File: MDRR.png (400KB, 579x530px) Image search: [Google]
MDRR.png
400KB, 579x530px
>>1721802
Well this is a good advice thanks you I think I will do that if I don't findd a better idea until the end of my study

>>1721811
Share your ideas !
>>
>>1721802
Basically, we have to find an idea by doing something and trying to fix what other did not fixed in that. Already in that mind set.

My problem is:
- I'm evolving in a highly critical domain of industry and CS, because I though people would be open to idea and amelioration.Turnout it's not, they just want to do their ideas and you to figure out the problems they did not even though about to begin with while getting praise for your work after that. You need 10 years of experience to have people starting to listen to you.
- No one would buy a piece of software from a young guy who just launched his startup. You need the right degree and some years in the field to have some credibility.
- And I think could totally end in a court for launching a company concurrent to my former boss.

My plan is to work somewhere else, less critical but still chasing quality, trying to make my ability an asset.
>>
>>1721821

creativity is the natural result of a combination of broad knowledge and curiosity.

I can't see how anyone's lack of creativity is any much more not their fault than my laziness.

>>1721826

sure thing pardner, are you gonna share your revenue?

>>1721840

I feel you breh, I've been shot down by incubators and scoffed at by professors because there's a genuine culture of entitlement going on. "if you don't have 20 titles, you ain't shit".

but TBQH the internet at large doesn't give two shits whether you have a phd in asslicking, as long as your product considerably outperforms the competition.
>>
>>1721840
>we have to find an idea by doing something and trying to fix what other did not fixed in that. Already in that mind set.

I agree with this it is a viable option b/c I wasn't in that mindset during my workplacement (in a dev company) but I still found a lot of thing that could be improved or done better

>My plan is to work somewhere else, less critical but still chasing quality, trying to make my ability an asset

good luck with your plan !
>>
>>1721863
>but TBQH the internet at large doesn't give two shits whether you have a phd in asslicking, as long as your product considerably outperforms the competition.

Actually I'm waiting for a buddy to finish his phd, then we could use his title to do more than I can now alone. But I'm not sure it's enough for my current field, I see young phd holders being walk on every day by older people. phd holders are mostly faggots though, few are functioning people.
I'm trying to gather possible good ideas in the meantime to not feel useless when he will be done.

>>1721877
>good luck with your plan !
Thanks dude.
I will be free of this shit company at the end of February. I'm counting days and nights. I should send my applications by the end of the week.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.