[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low overhead methods of making money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1481292346784.jpg (39KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
1481292346784.jpg
39KB, 640x627px
All right so I've been programming for about 3 years now but I finally admitted to myself that I fucking hate it. It's so boring. The only reason I started doing it in the first place was to build software to make money off of but since I hate programming I'm not really going that extra mile and I'm not really pushing myself and so I haven't made much money from it (a bit over $20k over these 3 years). I'm an applied math graduate student and a physicist and programming is just not at all intellectually stimulating to me, except for when used to solve math / physics problems.

So do you guys have any ideas for low overhead methods of making money that aren't programming? Feel free to suggest anything, it doesn't even have to be something you do online although that is preferable.
>inb4 google it
I want to have a discussion.
>>
OP I have expert level programming skills too but I hate it so much that I don't use it to make money. Programming = Wasting your fucking life.
>>
>>1721624
Are you doing it professionally, like for a career?
>>
>>1721624
>>1721640
CS student here, what the fuck have I got myself into? Was I meme'd by the silicon valley propaganda?
>>
>>1721647
I self taught programming and i enjoy it b/c it allows me to create systems to automate any tedious tasks.

I have a ~1000 stocks for which i need daily volume prices... I could do that 8 hours a day (which would be a prohibitive amount of time), or spend 1 day writing a program that pulls that info (and also performs all the other manipulations).

I would combine CS with Decision Sciences and you'll print money... Decision Sciences teaches you how to identify/ find the best solutions for problems mathematically and CS gives you tools to implement the solutions. If I could go back I'd have added CS.
>>
>>1721647
>Was I meme'd by the silicon valley propaganda?
p.much
Less than 1% of CS students go on to work in silicon valley for those 6 figure salaries. Less than another 1% go on to make unicorn startups. Most end up being code jockeys for some bigger tech firm like Cisco.
>>
>>1721647
college is a meme.
>>
>>1721613
sad to hear you hate programming. My friend's father holds a mathematics degree and electrical engineering degree. He combined his love for maths with his ability to code and basically designed a quantitative analysis tool for scientists in the medical industry. He made millions from it. That could have been you, anon.
>>
>>1723707
people are born destined to do that. get real
>>
>>1723707
what does the tool do? like analyze test results or something?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.