[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JP Morgan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1483473479356.jpg (124KB, 882x731px) Image search: [Google]
1483473479356.jpg
124KB, 882x731px
I have a job interview ("assessment centre") tomorrow at JP Morgan for a technology summer internship. What do?
>>
>>1721587
assessment centre isn't an interview.

turn normie up to the max be prepared to compete to stroke yaself off in front of everyone else about who's the biggest leader.
>>
>>1721588
Kek. Have you been there before? What's it like?
>>
>>1721589
Not at JP Morgan, but at a leading engineering consultancy most recently.

What's it like? Absolutely fucked if you're the average 4chan user. This was a smaller one than others but here's a run down of what happened.

Show up in the foyer of the conference section of their office building. Coffee/tea shake a bunch of hands. Try not to be autistic. Try to work out who works at the company and who are other applicants. Run out of things to talk about and have awkward silence in front of HR.

Go into room get a run down about company values and what they do. Then they asked "What things most stood out to you in the presentation?" This was the first opportunity for everyone to talk about how important they think various whogivesafuck is and why they're passionate about it.

First official task was this:
In pre-assigned groups, short list the 5 most important of these 40ish values. Justify your response. Each person select a value and talk about a time you exhibited this value.

Morning tea. Try not to be autistic again. Make conversation.

Second official task:
In different pre-assigned groups, build a tower out of these materials that supports an orange x distance above the desk. At the end present your structure and discuss decisions made.

The end. Other assessment centres have also had an individual written task and IQ test.
The most important thing is showing you're not autistic and not a cunt, while still being better than everyone else there.
>>
>>1721601
For fuck's sake, I always have to take a shit after I drink a warm drink like coffee or tea.

Also, I bet those "group assignments" are real dick-swinging contests, where everyone's trying to show their "leadership" skills?
>>
>>1721605
>For fuck's sake, I always have to take a shit after I drink a warm drink like coffee or tea.
probably don't drink the coffee or tea then, m8

Absolutely. Considering JP Morgan isn't a shit-tier company, the other applicants are probably going to have rehearsed every word they plan to say for weeks now. If you can't compete on that level just try to be as positive as you can and have good conversations.
>>
>>1721607
> the other applicants are probably going to have rehearsed every word they plan to say for weeks now

Looks like I should've started preparing earlier. I hate these pretentious people.
>>
>>1721601

>try not to be autistic

This is really difficult. What can you talk about to your interviewers?
>>
>>1722127
lmao bro interviewers are people. Talk about whatever the fuck you feel is appropriate.
>>
>>1721601
Those group exercises sound awful. So glad I've never had to so those before to get a job. Sounds like something you'd do on a reality TV show like survivor
>>
>>1721607

If you can't do this. Take a swig before going and wing the hell out of it.
>>
>>1721605
>I always have to take a shit after I drink a warm drink like coffee or tea.

Just hide some icecubes in a plastic baggy in your pocket. When you get the tea, just dump the ice in there and it will cool off. No one will notice if you are as sneaky as a fox like me. Even if they do notice you could just explain why you are cooling off your tea. They may hire you for being so forward thinking. Cheers ;)
>>
>>1721587
Had Morgan Stanley technology interview last year. group interview is really annoying and they changed the question slightly after 15 mins for lols.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.