[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Networking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1308079089001.png (218KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
1308079089001.png
218KB, 600x579px
How do you network professionally?

>be me
>be autistic
>has just started a temporary job that will last a few months
>the job is at one of the biggest banks in my country
>is an accounting grad
>has to make as many connections as possible in a short time span
>wat do
>>
>>1721518
I talk to people. I talk to homeless people on the street. I talk to strangers at the bar. I talk to the people serving me at restaurants or running the register at stores. I talk to managers and workers and bums and millionaires. Just because I like to talk to people.

You never know who your next client or employer might be. So just talk to people. Find out what they're doing and whether they like it or not. Take an interest in their lives. Go to libraries and churches and volunteer at events and for local projects. Find a hobby or two. Invite people along. A network is more than just a bunch of business cards in a rolodex, it's your friends and acquaintances.
>>
>>1721518
regarding autism- it's possible to be mildly autistic and an extrovert. there's lots of us.

we just learn to avoid people over time because of our disadvantages. We have weird eye contact, we tend to drone on, we don't know when it's our turn to talk, and we take longer than others to process what's being said. I also have the weird habit of repeating everything anyone says under my breath.

most of this can be overcome by
1. copying the other person's eye contact
and
2. Actually being curious what people have to say and listening to them instead of just waiting your turn to respond or thinking of what you're going to say next.

People still think we're weird, but everyone likes a person that's honestly interested in what they have to say. So ask questions and find out what people's stories are. People love to talk about themselves, so just listen.

don't get anxious when you screw up in conversation, nobody really cares what you say. They want to be heard. And sometimes agreed with.

talk to your co-workers, talk to your bosses. Just talk with people. Business and work opportunities follow.
>>
>>1721535
>it's possible to be mildly autistic and an extrovert. there's lots of us.
That is an unfortunate under-exaggeration.
>>
File: 1437071762710.jpg (61KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1437071762710.jpg
61KB, 600x450px
>>1721523
>I like to talk to people.
Fucking normies gtfo
>>
>>1722745
Trust me when I say these people are not normies.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.