[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is bitcoin safe from Quantic Computing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: cover.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
Some of you may or may not be aware of it, but quantum computing is happening real soon, and with it, the possibility of cracking through any symmetrical and asymmetrical encryption, with BTC uses.

I planned on investing in BTC earlier this week but this has just crossed my mind, and from what I red so far, protection against quantum computing is impossible to implement to the current BTC system, leading it to its inevitable destruction in the foreseeable future.

Unless someone show me I'm wrong, I don't plan on investing now, and I think none of you should, but if I am I'll gladly go in the market.
>>
yeah its safe.. practical massproduced quantums wont be around for at least a hundred years
>>
>>1721486
>mass produced
It'd take one address cracked to crumble the entire system, and since the NSA is actually investing tons and tons of money into encryption breaking quantum device, you'd imagine that they won't restrain from cracking through addresses they believe are used for malicious activities to stop their funding, since many shady operations actually uses bitcoin.

The "ye dont worry we'll see later" mindset is what's gonna doom the whole BTC market if the one in charge do nothing to take action.
>>
>>1721491

Quantum computing is on the level of Fusion power.. IE: Prototypical stage

im not worried the least.. its too easy to jump ship.. I'll convert my BTC into some other "quantum resistant" coin in the future

im more worried about exit scams than BTC getting cracked by quantum
>>
>>1721495
>quantum computing is at the same level as fusion power
lol
>>
>>1721503
dont buy bitcoins then.. leave it to the trailblazers to take the risk

stay comfy with your normie cash
>>
>>1721503
better yet, if you really want to make money when this Quantum revolution takes place, and profit from bitcucks at the same time.. Short bitcoin.. You'll be insta-rich
>>
>>1721482
lamport signatures are quantum proof. ethereum has plans to allow for these to be used

they could be implemented in bitcoin if the core team wanted to
>>
>>1721505
>>1721510
I was just pointing out how stupid that statement was
>>1721515
Thank you, this was the answer I was looking for, I was wondering whether or not it was even possible to implement it.
>>
>>1721517
>he doesnt realise how far off the technology is
>>
Making sha256 quantum resistant is mathematically trivial.

Stay poor nocoins
>>
>>1721491
>if the one in charge
who is that
>>
>>1721517
No, bitcoin will never get their shit together
Ethereum will have optional quantum proof signatures in 2017 with Serenity release
>>
>>1723353
This.

Sell bitcoin. Buy ethereum
>>
>>1721482
>>1721495

How does it feel to be stupid?

Please answer, I'm seriously interested.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.