[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NTDOY - Nintendo Switch Revealed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1 - Copy.jpg (387KB, 1067x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1 - Copy.jpg
387KB, 1067x1067px
The revealed is Thursday.

>Nintendo Switch Will Blow You Away, Nvidia
>Nintendo Will Own 2017, Forbes
>Nintendo Switch rumours suggest it will cost just 250USD

Seems like Nintendo is doing things right again. Who else is will enjoy their easy gains on Friday? Easy money, just like Pokemon Go back in July.
>>
interested in this. how do i invest in nintendurr
>>
>>1720461
US stock market : OTCMKTS:NTDOY.

No idea for Japan tho.
>>
>>1720473
what is the best exchange site to buy this stock on?
>>
>>1720576
I don't know if there is any site. I'm using a bank investing platform/ online trading.
>>
It's another gimmick system ,nobody has any need to play games on the tv and then for some reason take the system away,attach controllers and play it on the move ,that's basically the main selling point and I don't think it's enough to sell the system.
>>
I really think this is a horrible product, but I thought the same about the Wii. I would never bet on gaming companies.
>>
>>1720447
The battery life is going to make or break this product. You cannot have a portable gaming system that drains in a few hours. This means they will either have to throttle the CPU/GPU when unplugged, resulting in frame drops and lagging in some intense games, or have to support removable battery packs.

It will also be interesting to see how they continue to move into mobile phone gaming vs supporting their new system.

Also in the ads they showed the people playing with the controllers detached. Do they have their own battery? how long do they last? now i have to charge my console and my controllers. Can they be charged independently, or do they only charged attached to the switch?
>>
>>1720824
Those are legitimate questions. Probably the battery life will be "decent" (the old 3DS had about 3-4h of battery life, which was not that great, but that didn't stop the sells).

That being said, if the battery life is that bad, Nintendo will not mention it (or it will exaggerate their number).

If you are planning to trade during the release day, battery life can be an issue. It won't be an issue for trading this week.
>>
>>1720824
>It will also be interesting to see how they continue to move into mobile phone gaming vs supporting their new system.
For Nintendo, mobile games are just a vehicle to drive console sales.

>>1720830
I'm not sure, but I think the 3DS lasts 6-8 hours when you have the 3D off. The 3D was just a gimmick so most people play with it off. I usually only use it for cutscenes.
>>
File: a65.png (8KB, 339x219px) Image search: [Google]
a65.png
8KB, 339x219px
>>1720844
> I'm not sure, but I think the 3DS lasts 6-8 hours when you have the 3D off.

Nintendo marketed the original o3DS with 3 to 5h of battery life (pic related).

>3D was just a gimmick
You are right. 3D was way better with the new redesign, but it still remains a pure gimmick.

Now, for an economic stand point, Nintendo made the right decision to make a single platform instead of one home and one handheld. Unlike big games companies, Nintendo has small development team (that's why they teamed up with Namco (as one of many examples), to make (TWO) Sm4sh. In other words, Nintendo do not have the main power to develop multiple AAA titles in full high resolution with enormous photo-realistic details. They do not want to compete in this part of market and for the most part, their fanboys do not want to play the Uncharted type of games.

The console will appeal to all their audience and for that hardcore gamer who also wants a good portable gaming device when they are not home playing PC/PS4/X1.

Pokemon is a huge franchise with fanatic loyal players. If they want to play the new entries of the series, they need to adopt the Switch.

For an investor standpoint, this is perfect. The stock will go up on Friday and Monday!
>>
>>1720447
Pokemon Go was huge. Didn't it double Nintendo's revenue to $42 billion? It's insane. I don't think Switch will be as huge, but I'm sure it'll make a bump.
>>
>>1720583
Kids do. They will play this shit on the bus to school, at recess, during class, on the way home, in bed when they're supposed to be sleeping. It will ruin an entire future generation. Just like Game Boy did.
>>
>>1720824
Isn't it relying on the console to do the bulk of the processing? I thought it was pretty much a device that streams from the console.
>>
It will either go up, or down. There's no way the stock just remains flat. Best bet would be to create a straddle position. Unfortunately, I don't think burgers or non-japs can do so, since the underlying is Yen based.
>>
I have about 20 shares of Nintendo. But it's more as a collection type deal, I wouldn't sell because I believe in Nintendo long term.
>>
>>1720447
I remember the Wii U having a lot of hype too.

I remember how everyone was so excited for a new Zelda on the Wii U... which never came out because they pulled a Twilight Princess... again.

But hey, new Mario on the Switch, right? Possibly? How amazing could that (potentially) be (once they announce it)? I mean, if they don't come out with the Swiitch U first, that is.
>>
>>1720447
REALITY CHECK: None of the kids care about Nintendo Switch. They would rather play games on iPad and iPhones.
>>
File: iwatadsfat.jpg (602KB, 2000x1351px) Image search: [Google]
iwatadsfat.jpg
602KB, 2000x1351px
>>1721561
Hype is always present for an announcement of a new gaming platform. In the case of WII U, it was more curiosity than hype, because we had no proof of concept before the reveal.

For the switch, Nintendo had an huge restructuration and they abandoned their previous console for an hybrid alternative.

For a consumer stand point, their find base will adopt their new console without ANY hesitation: the switch will be the ONLY gaming console to play Nintendo games. Mobile Nintendo games are simply ads for their franchise.

From a selling stand point, the system will sell well. Think about it. Previously, their fan base had no reason real reason to early adopt a new system, because Nintendo had three consoles to support simiusly (entry one, previous gen and their counterpart (portable/home console)). Gamers had no reason to early adapted the Wii U because the launch window games were bad and meanwhile, their 3DS gaming library stated to get great!

With the switch, Nintendo has great AAA titles and they will not support their previous gen (except for few 3ds titles).

I except the stock to hit the 30$ mark point by Friday night (a growth of about 14% in a day)

That being said, I'm a low risk taker, I always make sure that I never loose a single penny when I trade. They might have a possibility that the stock goes don't (/Nintendo being Nintendo/). Like someone said earlier, it will either go up or don't. If the stock goes down, do not sale. Hold it until their first financial report after the release date.

I hope I wasn't too much of a faggot for posting this wall of text. They are risks, but in my opinion, Nintendo's stock seems fairly easy to predict because of their low volume trades.
>>
Investors pump this stock whenever they release and talk about mobile gaming apps. The hand held console era is over, it's all about gaming on the go with apps. I don't think investors are going to cheer a new hand held console. Anyway, is it official that it's being announced Thursday?
>>
>>1721082
It doesn't stream from the device. When unplugged it's only a tablet. When plugged into the dock, you can beef it up with extra processing power in the dock or supply full/extra power to effectively overclock. Cooling may also come into play with this gaming system too if not properly ventilated
>>
>>1721784
Presentation is Thursday, streamed live from Japon. So it's 11pm et/ 8pm pt.
The stock went up by 3.8% today.
>>
Does anyone else have an opinion about this shit? stock going up or down?
>>
File: a65.png (139KB, 468x1281px) Image search: [Google]
a65.png
139KB, 468x1281px
>>1723524
Japan is doing good : about 2% yesterday and 3.57% up so far.

It's a good indicator for NTDOY (tomorrow).
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.