[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resume tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 345612.jpg (46KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
345612.jpg
46KB, 500x666px
6/2010 – 2007 (current):
Vice President
•Manage the day to day operations of the company, including: Employees, accounts payable, accounts receivables, bank deposits, shipping and inventory control (ordering stock items, special orders and performing monthly inventory).
• Perform IT support for walk-in customers and business clients. Answer phone calls, handle messages and general customer relations. Perform quality control in regards to invoicing and service ticket summary notes.
• Wrote software to build an intranet from the ground up with a web based interface. Utilized IIS to access it and programmed it with HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript and SQL 2008. This software handles our ordering system, messaging, service tickets, subscriptions, client credentials, timesheets, announcements, and vacation / holiday schedule. Prior to this we were paying subscription fees for third party software to handle these functions and they were not centralized.

Good?
>>
>>1719939

change vice president to secretary, more aptly descries your job.

you keep swapping tenses, makes you sound like an idiot.

you can't program shit with neither css, html nor sql. don't lie.
>>
>Perform IT support for walk-in customers and business clients. Answer phone calls, handle messages and general customer relations.

That's not what a "Vice President" should be doing.

>This software handles our ordering system, messaging, service tickets, subscriptions, client credentials, timesheets, announcements, and vacation / holiday schedule. Prior to this we were paying subscription fees for third party software to handle these functions and they were not centralized.

Useless expository bullshit. Why would I care about the details of your HR-tier system?
>>
>>1719939
Its hard to read, I'd recommend breaking it up a bit more.

2010 – Current

Vice President

Duties include managment of
-Employees
-accounts payable
-shipping and inventory control

>theres no need to explain, they know what shipping and inventory control is

>no need to put that IT shit on there because its not impressive

Quality control

>in regards to invoicing and service ticket summary notes
never put (in regards to), it just looks as though you don't know the exact title of your duty

Programming experience

-Intranet development
-IIS, HTML, CSS, PHP, JS and SQL
>don't put 2008 after SQL, or any programming language for that matter becasue it gives of the subtle impression that you don't know how to work the latest version of the software

Programming experience worked to save company money on third party software

I'll do it again but what a finished product would look like.
>>
>>1719971

> half a page for a single meaningless job

stay american.
>>
>>1719971

010 – Current

Vice President

Duties include managment of
-Employees
-accounts payable
-shipping and inventory control

Quality control

Programming experience
-Intranet development
-IIS, HTML, CSS, PHP, JS and SQL

Programming experience worked to save company money on third party software
>>
>>1719974
Can you not read you retard, I said I would format it which I did here >>1719975
Its not half a page, have you even written a resume before?
>>
>>1719968
We have 4 employees including a dead-weight owner who takes all the extra cash that he sees.
>>
>>1719971
Excellent advice, thank you. I'l revise soon.
>>
>>1719939
No it's total shit. You say you are vice president, yet you do stuff like answer phone calls and count inventory and handle walk-in clients.

You will never get a job if that's how you describe yourself. You're basically an administrative assistant.
>>
>>1720017
yeah from my enormous desk. we only have 4 employees.

Got an interview lined up for tomorrow 10 mins after submitting this resume. Jokes on you!
>>
>>1720027
>Got an interview lined up for tomorrow 10 mins after submitting this resume. Jokes on you!
Working at Burger King?

All I was doing was pointing out how stupid it was to call yourself "vice president." Nobody would disagree with me about that.
>>
>>1719939
>giving resume tips to someone who proliferates degeneracy

I don't think so bub.
>>
>>1720062
Please die. The owner made me VP. Too bad I cant take it any longer. Joke's on me apparently.
>>
>>1719939
HR Bro here

Its good that you are using bulllets, but keep them from 3 to 5 MAX per position, else it becomes a clusterfuck of dots.

Also, think deeply about your responsibilities and achievements in each position, and try to make them show what did you achieve in a concise and measurable way.

For example, your first point just shows that you did "secretarial" duties, now make it show what did you actually accomplished. THAT is what will separate you from every other person that did the same tasks and try to focus them on the positions you are targeting.

For example, if you are thinking about a warehouse managing position, you could reword it like this
FROM
>Manage the day to day operations of the company, including: Employees, accounts payable, accounts receivables, bank deposits, shipping and inventory control (ordering stock items, special orders and performing monthly inventory).
TO
>Managed warehouse and inventory control, achieving X reduction in delivery/restocking time, or Y discount with early payments.
Something like that, don't just write what you did, show (with numbers or percentages preferentially) what you actually achieved.

TL:DR: Show what you achieved instead of what you did; this means, show what impact you made on your time with the company (what did you increase/reduced/saved/acquired/negotiated/et) so that others can get an idea of what can you do for them if they hire you.
Remember, for a company there are mainly 2 ways of creating profit, decreasing and increasing.
Decrease/save/cut expenses/time of a process/people required or increase revenue/sales/customers.
If you can show how this was achieved in any of your actions, you are now speaking corporatese .
The other way a company makes money is by creating, so if you created something that helped the company (program, idea, product, process, whatever), say it and again, show how it affected the balance sheet, what it did achieve in $ or %.
Hope this helps.
>>
>>1719982
Oh so you're one of those cunts who starts a shit business with a couple of mates and then goes around telling everyone how you're a senior executive vice president
>>
>>1720203
yea and what the fuck do you do? Drive a truck?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.