[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ssdi and taxes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: mcdonald's paystub 001.png (23KB, 273x611px) Image search: [Google]
mcdonald's paystub 001.png
23KB, 273x611px
okay biz, i've got two questions for you.
first one is, if i were to claim income that wasnt taxed that i made like 2 or 4 years ago and included it on my taxes, would that be tax fraud?
second im on ssdi and id like to find a way to increase my benefits, this year is the lowest grossing year yet between untaxed income and taxed income with it averaging around 6-7k. i currently recieve a benifit amount of $824.90. how much would the earned income from this year make it go up?

pic related: the most ive made in one paycheck this year.
>>
I'm no expert, but I reckon it's a lie if you say you made money in 2016 that you actually made in 2012. It's common sense. Also, if it's untaxed, was it under the table or how did that even work?

I'll wait on someone else for ssdi, but if you want more money and you're not physically or mentally prevented with serious illness, getting an actual job is probably the best way to do it. Plenty of people who get a handout actually suffer more for it because they let their work ethic atrophy and interpersonal skills die. If this is you, you're not going to find any easy ways out anymore.

Good luck.
>>
thanks anon for the advice but you have to understand, back in 2012 i was unaware of the concept of filing taxes completely. my parents never taught me how to and neither did my teachers. so i basically went until like 2014 without filing taxes. the only money i can recall making in 2012 was $900 for a car my grandpa gave to me as a graduation gift, and like $91 for trading in an ipod to gamestop. i also made like $300 doing some stuff for a friend of my dads in 2011. and honestly this would be a pretty dumbass way to "cheat" the system. because you have to pay taxes on all that income still. after saying that, i still am going to do it though because im an honest person at heart and i just want to make things right with the government.
also id be including like 14 worth of 2014 ebay sales as well.
>>
>>1719116
also my condition isnt that bad,its schizophrinia but once every 2 weeks or so ill get these episodes where ill be staring upwards and getting all confused and i just cant function half ass worth a shit.
>>
>>1719099

It is most definitely tax fraud.

If you got away without reporting it before, there's basically no incentive to come clean now.
>>
>>1719126
You don't have to file on income less than about $10,300 per year. If you didn't make that much in any one year don't file.

if you did make that much call the IRS and have them walk you through filing and paying penalties and interest. They'll help you with a payment plan if needed.

SSDI is capped based on how much you've earned I think. Your annual paperwork should tell you how much you COULD earn. If you're claiming no income you're probably already at the max amount you can get.
>>
>>1719131
"isn't that bad" means you might be able to get a job and/or figure out if there's treatment. Figure out if there's something that you can do, like if some sort of behavioral therapy is a good option, there's a lot of stuff being done to help people cope with mental problems without taking drugs, I think the study is cognitive behavioral therapy. I'm not sure if it works for schizophrenic people but you got free time right? Worst case you waste your time trying to help yourself get better, best case you find a way of coping that puts you in the society with the rest of us. I know a super crazy person that manages to nail it out in the real world, I think they had schizophrenia too but not the kind you describe. Not like a billion voices in his head all the time, but the narcissism and conspiracy stuff is there, along with other things helped with some pretty strong drugs.

If you make less than a certain amount, don't bother filing your taxes UNLESS your paychecks automatically deducted taxes. From now on, if you have an official job and you see that they deduct taxes from your paycheck (or they tell you, or you ask) then you gotta get that return or else you're throwing money away.

I was on my own for taxes when I started work. Not because my parents failed to teach me, but because basically "google it" worked out perfectly. I got a form for taxes, googled what it was about, found a website online that let me file simple taxes for free, and it was over in a snap.
I've also carried personal businesses on the side that were strictly under the table. Because I've never made that much money, I don't have to file anything. Mostly because I don't have an official business and it's just odd jobs. No problem if you're poor, big problem if you're raking in the dough.
>>
also i just learned that ive used over 18k in free healthcare for the last 5 years.

in 2015 i made $11,887
in 2014 i made $12,791
and in 2013 i made 7,286
so despite working for the last 4 years of my life, ive still taken $27,818.73 out of taxpayers hands and only paid in $35,311.56
>>
File: 2016 tax return information..png (10KB, 308x249px) Image search: [Google]
2016 tax return information..png
10KB, 308x249px
>>1719205
forgot pic
>>
>>1719099
If you made a mistake on tax returns in previous years you need to refile those tax returns with the correct amounts and then the IRS or CRA (in Canada) will reimburse you this year or you pay up depending on who owes money.
What you can't do is just carry forward amounts to future years, that is fraud because you are knowingly filing erroneous tax returns.
Source: I'm a Canadian CPA
>>
>>1719126
None of that is income
>>1719134
No
>>1719206
Small gifts are not income. Selling sonething you own is not income. $100 from ebay I would not call income no matter what it was for.
Your gambling earnings: how much did you spend to win that amount? The part you spent is deductible from your income.

You should have zero tax liability, so you probably don't need to file taxes unless you can get money back if your job was witholding tax. If they are, ask them to not withold tax in the future.

Also you do NOT have to amend your previous years taxes. You don't make enough. Not onpy do you not owe anything and not have to file, but the IRS doesnt give a damn about really low earners. You'll never get audited unless you're doing some really weird things.

Lastly I would suggest looking into the Earned Income Credit, you may get a small amount of money from that.
>>
>>1719192

Well you have to figure in as well if he actually wants to change his life. Many people on ssi find it difficult to change their ways, but an excuse is right around the corner. Don't worry OP, you're just a product of your environment. There's an excuse to tack onto your list of narratives you tell yourself to cope with life.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.