[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOWn it goes...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: indu.png (76KB, 1050x900px) Image search: [Google]
indu.png
76KB, 1050x900px
Looking forward to seeing all the "TINA"-buy-stawks-at-end-of-business-cycle morons get BTFO over the next year.

Who else will be /comfy/ watching these fools try to squeeze out the same door simultaneously as they finally realise that their decision to buy the market at >25x earnings was a mistake?
>>
I agree that valuations are stretched and that theres no reason to pour extra money into stocks right now, but trailing PE ratio means absolutely nothing. Using trailing PE would lead you to buy after a top (PE is low; prices have fallen but you're still looking at historical earnings) and miss the recovery from a bottom (PE is high; prices have advanced due to higher expectations but trailing earnings are still low).

Markets look forward. Logically, forward PE is a far more informative ratio. It's at 17.1x, which is high by historical standards. Average is 15.1x.
>>
>>1717791
DOW 22,000 BY THE END OF 2017
>>
>>1717941
Look forward to your panicked liquidations anon!
>>
>>1717994
Hop on Dow Bear ETFs then
>>
>>1718002
I'm already beginning to actively short certain sectors - financials and housebuilders in particular, but also certain tech stocks too. My exposure is low for now though, will keep adding to my short positions over the next few months.
>>
>>1718024
people think tech stocks are going to catch up to the DJIA/SP500 but I agree they are overvalued

I still think there is some room for growth. The market sentiment is euphoric
>>
>>1718024
If you really have hair on your chest then you'll contact a hedge fund to get in contact with an IB about underwriting a bespoke tranche for you so you can take a short position against it. You can fill it with debt from all of the companies whose stock you think is overvalued. You know, unless you're a 18 year old with a few hundred bucks roleplaying on the internet.
>>
File: MW-FB832_06_20161212175505_NS.jpg (41KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
MW-FB832_06_20161212175505_NS.jpg
41KB, 800x450px
>>1717791
I'll keep steady adding like past 10 years. Also Cash for dips and insta buy every time 5-15% drops
>>
>>1717791
What's the best thing to buy before it crashes? Oil stocks?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.