[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Passive income. (Blaaaahhging edition)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Fuck off.jpg (37KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck off.jpg
37KB, 480x270px
Any of you peeps know how to set up a blog?
Namely one that could become a way of earning a passive income.

I should say making money is not at the forefront. Quality (aesthetics and ease of use) are the primary concern, any monies made would just be icing.

I know some of you out there a sneakily successful at this, and I seek advice.
>>
File: halp.png (267KB, 500x219px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
267KB, 500x219px
>>
>>1717681
>I should say making money is not at the forefront. Quality (aesthetics and ease of use) are the primary concern, any monies made would just be icing.

That's probably the key.

Make something people actually like and you'll get a little bit of revenue from ads.
>>
Also, regular content.
>>
>>1718270
but where?

Are there reputable sites for maintaining a blog type profile?

I just set up something on HubPages but somewhere in their terms and conditions it said something to the effect that all submissions will provide a type of service. be it informational educational or whatever.
I suppose Im looking for a place to write freely, that isnt too much of a dick about my content.
>>
>>1717681

Millions of people think about this exact idea every day in the western world EVERY DAY. The market is in FIERCE competition and your biggest competitors have all been in the game for very long and know how to get maximum amount of viewers out of as useless and low effort content as possible. Another million kids who set up their blog with ads and all and get small amount of viewers, not enough for an ad payout, but the ads are still there driving down the ad view payment for those who are trying to go full time into the field.

Theres simply no way to compete unless you are a genuinly interesting person.
>>
>>1718618
I enjoy the writing. Whether anything comes of it means precious little.

I guess a platform that allows equal opportunity for competition just sounded like a good place to start.

Though its probably like you said. Just imagining the sheer volume of self obsessed writer noise out there...fuck.

Ill find a nice quiet corner to pen in.
>>
a successful blog is a buildup just like a youtube channel.

get preaperd to write and tweet for years before seeing real incentive.
you need to show people you are committed before the cash is coming.

my advice would be to be and stay appealing as possible. updated regularly and take notes from successful blogs. learn about blog structure and read on marketing.
>>
>>1718905
Im not sure Id ever want to attempt a living from blogging, but I agree that further education about the passive income side of things cant hurt.

Im using it more as a way of maintaining accountability for consistent effort and time management. I have a hard time seeing projects through to the unreal standard I have for them. I figure a short and simple method of consistent writing will emphasize the importance of finishing shit.

Might as well get paid for it.
>>
i recently did a freelance project fetching emails from a bunch of these blogs for a guy who i think runs a different meme marketing blog or something. i don't understand them at all. it's all just a bunch of buzzwords thrown together word salad style. where's the actual value come from? it essentially seems like a bunch of ad blogs that all link to each other.
>>
>>1718981
Yea, I've noticed that. Just a bunch of meandering phatic bullshit.

Maybe thats what I need to study up on.

How to use a whole lot of words to say a whole lot of nothing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.