[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody actually had some success with the principles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 4HWW.jpg (9KB, 186x293px) Image search: [Google]
4HWW.jpg
9KB, 186x293px
Has anybody actually had some success with the principles of this book?
>>
>>1717611
the author's probably had some success with this book...
>>
Bumb
>>
Immediately toss it in the trash and never touch a self-help book again.
>>
some self-help shit like time management books can give you perspective on how people are doing it better than you are, but unfortunately self-help is also wrought with gurus who get rich selling the dream. tim ferris is one of those, so avoid him.

actually, avoid his products, but pay attention if you want to understand how to brand yourself to be a niche authority, build and manage a fanbase, etc.
>>
I like self help books. I feel like people bashing then expected a detailed step by step guide on how to be rich. It doesn't work that way. Most of them give genuinely good advice for beginners and reading them gives you strong business fundamentals. You still have to figure out a lot of stuff yourself and you absolutely need a solid, unique idea for your business. Anyway, I read them and I'm doing okay.
>>
i work 20 hours a week.. own a car. its doable, but you gotta sacrifice.. means living frugally.. no eating out, no starbucks, no expensive purchases.

less money but more free time
>>
File: sober_thoughts.jpg (33KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
sober_thoughts.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
>>1717611
I got to one hour a day but I got bored as fuck & I'm not a millionaire yet so I'm working again up to 5 hours per day
>>
File: 1472848281914.gif (2MB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
1472848281914.gif
2MB, 500x459px
>>1718634
Fuck you
Changed my life from a 8 to 5 engineer (slave) to free business owner in 3 years.
It didn't work for you simply because you're stupid
>>
>>1719255
>you absolutely need a solid, unique idea for your business
>>
I enjoy his podcast from time to time.

As for the book I think the best principles he talks about are better articulated elsewhere by people like Carnegie and Covey. Other than that it is just about getting in on a drop-ship business, which may not be viable today (I was never interested)
>>
>>1719255

I too am not sure why there is such a lividness towards them.
>>
>>1720903
Because most self-help books are just basic platitudes that any google search could have told you for free.
>>
>>1719366
>Carnegie
Does the missing chapter exist?
>>
File: 1466814156573.jpg (15KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
1466814156573.jpg
15KB, 480x343px
>>1717611
i torrented this shit book. fuck this guy
>>
If you get the chance to ask Gary Vee about this book his response is "Books are for fucking nerds."
>>
>>1719267
Congrats on your success.
>>
>>1717611
>>1717611
Still not sure which is shittier: this book or the Kiyosaki book.
>>
>>1723198
>Rich Dad, Poor Dad is one of the dumbest financial advice books I have ever read. It contains many factual errors and numerous extremely unlikely accounts of events that supposedly occurred.
>Kiyosaki is a salesman and a motivational speaker. He has no financial expertise and won’t disclose his supposed real estate or other investment success.
>Rich Dad, Poor Dad contains much wrong advice, much bad advice, some dangerous advice, and virtually no good advice.

http://johntreed.com/blogs/john-t-reed-s-real-estate-investment-blog/61651011-john-t-reeds-analysis-of-robert-t-kiyosakis-book-rich-dad-poor-dad-part-1
>>
OP I read this book and didn't apply the lessons for 3-4 years. 3 months ago I ran into an old friend from highschool who had just recently read the book. We are now in business together applying the book and it's going amazingly well. In 1 year will be location independent and 2-3 years ready to retire. My BIGGEST blocker was not having anyone to bounce ideas off of and motivate eachother. Find a business partner you trust and is almost stupid but still executes daily.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.