[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here bought a house with cash? If so, how much were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1480721532809.jpg (201KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480721532809.jpg
201KB, 1000x1000px
Has anyone here bought a house with cash? If so, how much were you able to negotiate the price down?
>>
That's a nice pic Yo tell me she's not a pro
>>
>>1716812
>buy house
>negotiate down
Real estate is bubbled everywhere. Houses currently (e.g. Canada, Australia, NZ, etc) sell for ABOVE asking in a BIDDING WAR
>>
>>1716812
I've sold houses before.
I can't imagine lowering my price for cash. It's the exact same to me either way. If you get a mortgage that's still cash going into my account.
>>
>>1716812
Cash is actually worse. Who would want that much physical risk on their person
>>
>>1716812
back in 2009 i bought a house cash, it was listed at 99,000 i offered 85 they took it, now its worth close to 300,000

bought another in 2010-2011
40,000 to 35,000

Both places were fixer uppers and that was the reason why i got the price down.
>>
File: 1483657160569.jpg (51KB, 700x733px) Image search: [Google]
1483657160569.jpg
51KB, 700x733px
>>1716841
>>1716846
thanks for your reply. I'm totally new to it. I'm asking from reading this
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/111214/buying-home-cash-vs-mortgage.asp

>>1716857
What do you mean physical risk? Are you talking about having less diversification and liquidity? Or are you saying someone selling their home wouldn't want it bought with cash?
>>
File: 1483484374171.jpg (124KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
1483484374171.jpg
124KB, 764x551px
>>1716859
That's encouraging. You also bought the second with cash? also, just to clarify, how much of that 14K decrease would you attribute to it being a fixer upper and how much would you attribute to it being cash?
>>
>>1716867
>What do you mean physical risk?
i believe he thinks you're going to bring a suitcase full of currency to the closing and the seller would be concerned about being robbed by a pack of niggers on the way home
>>
File: 1483653929376.jpg (191KB, 864x831px) Image search: [Google]
1483653929376.jpg
191KB, 864x831px
>>1716877
ah, that makes sense haha
>>
>>1716867
I mean about physically receiving a million dollars in cash and having to count it and take it to the bank and not lose any or get robbed
>>
>>1716812
>If so, how much were you able to negotiate the price down?
Seller always get 100% of the purchase price in cash, except in the rare case of seller-financing. The seller doesn't give a fuck whether the money comes from your bank account or from your mortgage lender ... they get the same amount of money either way.

Paying cash doesn't even significantly speed up the process. Unless you do stupid things like waiver inspections, and skip on title insurance, you still need to go through the same basic process as someone getting a mortgage.

So in short, you will likely get ZERO discount for paying cash.
>>
>>1716829
rando here. It took me a minute, but found another picture of her with a name as well so you could probably find more.

Though i saw this new picture, yeah, shes not as attractive as OP's picture. Though, she's still better than what most people from /biz/ will ever get.
Natalie Austin / Lindsey FTV http://i7.fuskator.com/large/-bvb76T3~Hn/Busty-Shaved-Natalie-Austin-9.jpg
>>
>>1716812
See:
>>1716905

With addendum:
Most of the 'discount's' from not having to pay interest on the mortgage.
>>
>>1716905
>>1716846
>>1716841
Thanks guys. That clears that up. I was way off
>>
>>1716920
you're welcome.
>>
>>1716905
i can't see anyone getting a discount as you say, but if 2 people are bidding for a house, one with cash and one with a mortgage, the cash buyer is more favorable because it suggests that there are less obstacles to complete the sale. a mortgage buyer has the bank to satisfy and might also be part of a chain, where they are waiting on their house being sold to get the funds released.

not what OP was asking, but a useful point to consider.
>>
>>1716983
Yes and no. Certainly an offer without a financing contingency might be more attractive, all other things being equal. But financing contingencies are rarely a major obstacle to closing. Most serious home shoppers get pre-approvals from their lenders. And while a seller might lean slightly towards the cash buyer, that doesn't necessarily mean its going to translate into a purchase price discount.

Also, an all-cash buyer might be viewed with suspicion. There's not that many home shoppers with enough cash in their accounts to buy a house outright. Fewer still with legitimate cash from legitimate sources. And how does the seller know the buyer even has the cash? Absent financial due diligence which most sellers have neither the skills nor resources to perform, you're taking the buyer at their word that they have the money (albeit with the protection of the earnest money, hopefully). In short, an aggressive all-cash bid could easily spook a seller who might prefer the relative "normality" of a financed sale.

So, yes, I agree there might be some ways and come circumstances when a cash purchase offer could be used to improve the outcome for the buyer. But its definitely going to be on a case-by-case basis.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.