[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best of both worlds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0533.jpg (56KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0533.jpg
56KB, 443x332px
I'm here to tell you commissioned sales is a happy medium between salaried employee and running your own business

>No risk (my base is 140k with commissions on top)
>commission for performance
>if company goes broke or you get fired, get another job
>no bullshit paperwork except your annual tax return
>because you are measured by sales results you can basically do what you want

You don't need to be a natural, sales can be taught. I'd much rather be doing this than selling Chinese crap online to earn "MUH passive income" or trading bitcoins using chart-based alchemy
>>
sales of what?

what exactly is it you are selling?
>>
>>1716233
I sell enterprise software. You need to get in working with a reseller first, then you can work your way up.

Once you have the experience and connections you bounce around every few years from job to job.

Forgot to mention you usually get stock options as well, not to mention an expense account for client entertainment.

Any complicated, big ticket B2B product (over 100k deal size) is a ticket to a 200k plus earning sales job.
>>
>>1716227
Sounds great, time to work as a wagecuck for years just to get denied from getting into this position. Time well spent, right?
>>
>>1716264
Great attitude faggot, you will never make it
>>
>>1716246
Who the fuck buys 100k software? Who are you selling too?

You sound like one of those faggot internet marketers like Alex Becker.
You don't make "140k base" (in quotes because you never specified the currency), you a god damn lie, and you boot too big for you god damn feet.
>>
File: this piece of software.jpg (129KB, 2739x1825px) Image search: [Google]
this piece of software.jpg
129KB, 2739x1825px
>>1716270
>this is how a salesman earning "140k base" responds to a genuine concern regarding the thread he made
Once again, you're full of shit and you know it.
Also, sell me this piece of software.
>>
>>1716271
Take something like Office365 for an enterprise organisation with 10,000 people:

https://products.office.com/en-au/business/compare-office-365-for-business-plans

100k software deals are nothing special, Oracles biggest accounts bill over 10M per annum each
>>
>>1716274
Look at companies like Oracle and Splunk on Glassdoor.

I find it amusing that NEETs who pirate a $70 Windows license find it difficult to imagine that multinational companies work billions won't spend 100k on a piece of software that will save them $1M in worker effort
>>
>>1716292
>>1716292
So I'm a NEET because I challenged your claims?
It makes sense that Oracle, Apple and Splunk etc, would spend inordinate amounts of money on software, but my belief that you are lying remains. You just don't sound like a salesman, the way you adress people that challenge you, the way you call people NEETS and faggots.
With that being said, why should we take any advice from you? Why make your thread? Wheres the proof of your claim that being a salesman is the best of both worlds?
Nothing adds up with you anon.
>>
>>1716246
What have you sold so far, op?
>>
>>1716302
I'm sick of reading nothing but bitcoin and affiliate marketing threads. And I'm talking about working for oracle and splunk, not selling to them. (Although they would spend a lot on software)

Not many people realise how much you can make in sales and I thought it was a point worth making.

Never mind how you think people who make big money talk, we are normal people as well
>>
>>1716305
Mainly Telecom, IT product and services, to companies which employ from 500 - 10,000 people. Working at a range of companies. Deal sizes from $1000 for a few licenses to telco network contracts around $500k over 3 years.

If you guys are so doubtful of the money that can be made in IT sales, do a bit of digging because it is a pretty good career.
>>
>>1716309
My first sales job was approx 100k OTE (on target earnings), slit about 60/40 base and commission. My current job is close to 250k USD OTE when you factor in all the perks
>>
>>1716271
>Who the fuck buys 100k software
You are kidding right? I work for a company where a $1 million dollar deal is considered "small".
Get off this guys back, the 100k zone for sales can literally be any guy off the street who can get old fucks drunk enough to sign on the line.
And he is right: If you can make it in sales, you are set. It's the same stress level as owning a business, but the best part is that the worst that can happen to you is you get fired. And in sales, you will be fired, even if you do well. Sales people are always blamed for a bad quarter, and the regional president/CEO will guillotine all of them if it gets the board off his back.
Again, it doesn't matter, because you can just hop over to another company in the software industry.
>>
How does one get good at sales?

For the sake of example let's suppose I'm a fat, unemployed autistic virgin with severe social anxiety.
>>
>>1716352
Start off in a sales support job processing orders etc and learn what the pros are doing
>>
>>1716227
nice try shill, sales fucking sucks
>>
>>1716379
I have no sales skills and I'm in real estate. Tell me how to learn, I want to list 10+ houses a month.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.