[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched The Big Short. Great film but how accurate is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: vpfjyluzekbqhowxsqgl.jpg (49KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
vpfjyluzekbqhowxsqgl.jpg
49KB, 620x470px
I just watched The Big Short. Great film but how accurate is it?

Also, at the end of the film they mentioned 'bespoke tranche opportunities'. Should people really be worried about them or was it just scaremongering?
>>
>>1715559

In fact it's pretty acuratte on Dr. Burry's story, the rest of the Stories (Brownfield... etc) not so much, it's ok but not all the details.
>>
>>1715559
>https://www.bustle.com/articles/136706-what-is-a-bespoke-tranche-opportunity-the-big-short-ends-with-a-big-warning
>>
>movie ends with a blatant lie how everyone blamed poor people and immigrants
>>
>>1715559
It's accurate to the workings of the derivatives, but it isn't accurate as to that being what caused the financial crisis.
That was the Reserve Primary Fund that really caused it by making everyone freak the fuck out.
>>
>>1715559
Close enough that you won't get laughed out of the room if all your friends are normies. The ending was horrible with it's blatant propaganda about how bankers should have been jailed, etc.
>>
>>1715601
From personal experience I have spoken to a few people who think the main factor is people with low credit scores, including immigrants, taking loans.
>>
>>1715636
Emails from investment banks including Goldman Sachs shows they were aware that CDOs they sold (called Timberwolf) were "one shitty deal". This is securities fraud, which is a jailing offense.

The pension funds are also suing the credit rating agencies for misrating CDOs.
>>
>>1715580
I loved the Dr. Burry character.

Is the top tier of the finance world filled with autistic geniuses?
>>
>>1716195
Look up Abacus as well. Goldman has been crooked for a long while but they have so many employees go on to work within various governments that they can't be touched.
>>
>>1716195

I'm no expert, but I still think that the risk is insufficient to result in another "Lehman moment"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.