[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resume Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Resume-Service.jpg (43KB, 541x317px) Image search: [Google]
Resume-Service.jpg
43KB, 541x317px
Post your awful resumes and let semi-professional anons tell you how to make it better.

I'll start off with a question: what's a good way to hide the fact that I'm a loser on my resume? Instead of listing out the employer (year and a half at Starbucks impresses no one) I was thinking of making sections for the """skilled experience""" I've had. Customer service for my shit jobs, financial institutions for my time at banks, etc. Is this advisable or will it just be obvious that I don't have anything impressive to show?
>>
>>1712668
Even Starbucks can sound good if you're entry level. You were a customer service representative highly skilled in ensuring quality customer care with a focus on fostering fostering brand loyalty.
Mention commendations from superiors or customers, when you received raises, and willingness to adjust your personal schedule to benefit the business (aka take shifts for people).

Regardless of field, a customer-oriented service professional is an asset.
>>
File: 1441518854930.jpg (14KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
1441518854930.jpg
14KB, 300x195px
>>1712707
Be sure to put "fostering" in their twice. They love that.
>>
File: pensive potabo.jpg (58KB, 625x628px) Image search: [Google]
pensive potabo.jpg
58KB, 625x628px
>>1712707
>>1712710
I hadnt thought of that, I'll see what I can come up with
>>
>>1712668
NEET for 4 years
Do I get the job!
>>
jobscan.co

Use this - plug your application/CV on one side, and job description in the other (use Incognito mode to bypass the usage limit).

First step to getting a job is getting past the automated applications scanners - you will be automatically filtered into a shortlist within seconds of clickin submit on an application - REGARDLESS OF HOW GOOD YOU ARE, all based entirely on keywords and buzzwords.
>>
>>1712668
Let's get two things out of the way first.
1. The employer doesn't care about any job experience that isn't related to the job. If you're going into finance, or hell any sector that doesn't specifically hire part timers, no one wants to see your shitty wageslave Starbucks job. It's a waste of their time.
If the job experience is relevant, put in the shit ones. Just tell them what you did, and if you worked in a team, what you specialized in.

2. Even if you're a loser, as most college undergrads are, there are ways to pull yourself out of the swamp. As long as you have good grades and good references, you're good to go.

It's a lot easier to pull yourself out as a STEM major because you can just volunteer into projects and get on the university's good side. Research and jobs just pop up out of nowhere.

For business majors, I'm not as certain.
>>
>>1714108
Also, this is important: Proofread your fucking resume.
Some of these hiring managers have to read 200 resumes for a single position.
They will throw out outright geniuses just because of 3 spelling errors, because they already know that there's going to be 5 more geniuses in the pile that didn't annoy them and make shitloads of spelling and grammar errors.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.