[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leverage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: pepe the lad.jpg (31KB, 483x383px) Image search: [Google]
pepe the lad.jpg
31KB, 483x383px
Can someone explain me what leverage means? If I understand correctly it means the following
>you have 1000$, the stock is 100$ and the leverage is 1:10
>for 1000$ you can buy 100 stocks (1000$ x 100$ * 1/10 )

If a stock goes up by 1$ you will get 10$ becouse you "own" 100 stocks and it works the other way around.

Amirite biz?
>>
>>1711952
Finish your math class first before trying to trade stocks.
>>
>>1711952
That's it.
>>
>>1711960
thx m8
>>
>>1711962
Except you'll never get 1:10 leverage with stocks.
SEC won't allow that shit.
Futures and Forex, yes.
>>
>>1711952
Is literally borrowing money. The broker lends you some money, 1:9, would be 9 times the amount you have. You could open a position with 10, (9 + 1), times your initial capital.
You can only lose as much as you initially had. If the price drops 10 % you lose everything.
>>
>>1712663
It's actually more than that, though. Technically it's only leverage if you're getting more in returns than what you pay in interest.
>>
>>1712746
>getting more in returns
Having a dividend payer can help, as it will cover a percentage of the margin interest.
>>
>>1712663
How does this work for bitcoin?

Who lends you the money/coin? The exchange?
>>
>>1713089
Depends on the exchange. Usually the from other users through the exchange. User have an option to give their money for borrowing and make interest.
>>
>>1713407
How often does this happen
>>
dont play with leverage unless you have a large inventory of cash.. you need to have a safe liquidation price, so you dont get REK'd
>>
>>1714722
Very often, 98% of the time.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.