[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have Stock and No Idea what to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: chevron.jpg (72KB, 1201x629px) Image search: [Google]
chevron.jpg
72KB, 1201x629px
Grandma died and left 250k in only Chevron stock. My family is currently living a lower middle class lifestyle and never concerned ourselves with the stock market. How do I into stocks and what are some good options to do next? Do I sell half and put it somewhere else, or do I just sit on it and hope it goes up under papa Trump and Uncle Tillerson?

TLDR: What do I do as a total noob with 250k in Chevron stock
>>
Invest it all in bitcoin
>>
>>1710463
Having all your money invested in single asset is retarded. You should sell part of your Chevron holdings and reinvest it into something else.

Don't buy into crypto tho', or at least don't invest large portion of your portfolio into it.
>>
>>1710463
Check out gluu abtta shoot up!
>>
>>1710463
Look at recent performance and try to gauge whether chevron stock is currently at a high or a low. If high, sell most of it quickly to take advantage of the market. If low, sell it in chunks of 10-25k every month to average the dollar cost. In either case, reinvest the cash in a diversified portfolio of one or all of the following: stocks, bonds, funds, reits, P2P, cash, and crypto if you're a hyperactive 14 year old whose idea of a good time is drinking undiluted cordial and using their parents bed as a trampoline.

Basically, diversify the wealth as a hedge and to provide investments that fit your short, medium and long term goals. Consider paying an independent financial advisor to help you draw up a portfolio and choose a platform(s), it could well pay you in the long run.
>>
File: 221.png (36KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
221.png
36KB, 300x100px
>>1710473
this
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.