[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to college >no jobs what is the point of college in 2017?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1446146181921.jpg (10KB, 370x403px) Image search: [Google]
1446146181921.jpg
10KB, 370x403px
>go to college
>no jobs
what is the point of college in 2017?
>>
>>1706361
Humanities bachelor is the new GED
>>
>>1706361
To scam libtards out of money by giving them a sense of, "purpose" and, "progress".
>>
>>1706361
depends what you major in

There's plenty of jobs tho
>>
>>1706361
Eventually some baby boomer will keel over dead and you'll get yourself an entry-level position in government, industry, or finance.

Being no-an-idiot you will want to advance and make more moneys. Your employer will point out that the next rung of the ladder requires a 4 year degree. So you will spend the next 6 1/2 years trying to churn out a bachelors while working full time plus. During this stressful time in your life you will find yourself working for an underwater-basket-weaving major that gets twice as much as you simply because he has a degree.

or you can go to school now while you're not doing anything because there's no jerbs anyways. Up to you.
>>
>>1706546
This
>>
>>1706546
College is nothing more than a place where wealthy suburban white liberals go to have sex with the all black football team while earning a 4 year degree to end up working in an HR office at Home Depot.

And also the loans make Mr Shekelstein rich.
>>
>>1706361
When the jobs do eventually come, it should enable you to do a better one.

Meanwhile, seeing as there's no jobs, have you got anything better to do?
>>
File: comfy & sling.jpg (44KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
comfy & sling.jpg
44KB, 409x409px
http://bigthink.com/philip-perry/47-of-jobs-in-the-next-25-years-will-disappear-according-to-oxford-university

oh boy, it's going to be a downhill from here. the jobs will disappear faster than ever
>>
>>1706563
>private sector having degree requirements despite company realizing he's capable.
This isn't Soviet Russia. Unless your entry level job is at a hospital our law firm your fine
>>
In my experience it is definitely worthwhile still. So long as you pick an actual major and not some fee fee bullshit. I was a major fuck up, arguably still am, but going back to school for engineering opened doors for me I thought I had slammed close years ago. 9/10 would do again
>>
>>1706780
Yea and? Should we just assume our final 4chan form and all become NEET? Waiting for all the jobs to disappear is like waiting for oil to dry up, sure it's eventually going to happen but the game still has a ways to go
>>
>>1706361
There are plenty of jobs out there you moron.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.