[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to pay sales tax when I buy stuff from Amazon now, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: iowa.gif (152KB, 1412x1067px) Image search: [Google]
iowa.gif
152KB, 1412x1067px
I have to pay sales tax when I buy stuff from Amazon now, and I'm fucking mad. Why did this happen?
>>
>>1705969
I used to be mad about this, but I felt like the utility I get from amazon outweighs the cost of sales taxes and I'm gonna play sales taxes if I dont use amazon anyway, so you ought to do what's convenient.
>>
>>1705979
Yeah, they won't lose any business from me. I just want to know why this is the year Iowa has to start paying taxes when we buy from Amazon. We didn't have to before.
>>
>>1705984
most states with sales tax have a law that requires tax to be paid if the business has a physical presence in the state. amazon is probably opening a warehouse or something.
>>
Either this (>>1706010) or because Iowa sued or threatened to sue Amazon. Amazon has been in negotiations/litigation with states all over the country over this for years.
>>
I'm a large Amazon seller that lives in Iowa, but all of my inventory is in fulfillment centers outside of Iowa and I will have to pay this new tax. It's going to come down to two or three states that isn't going after Amazon for taxes that I can relocate my physical address of my business to.
>>
>>1705984
It's been happening with a lot of other states over the past couple of years. Basically these states have started going after Amazon for sales tax. There wasn't previously a sales tax because the rules regarding sales tax has been iffy since people started selling things over the internet.

I'm hoping to split the 6% with my customers because selling on Amazon is essentially a penny pitching business. If I passed that 6% straight to my customers, they will purchase from someone else not charging tax to save a couple cents, so I sell less.
>>
>>1706049
Like Alaska?
>>
>>1705969
Short answer: Your shit state full of corn-shucking crackers can't soundly manage a budget so they go after innovative businesses in order to somewhat mask their own incompetence.

Thank your local law makers next time you see one. Maybe when they're on one of their 800 vacations.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.