[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a small business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: motherofgod.jpg (975KB, 796x1196px) Image search: [Google]
motherofgod.jpg
975KB, 796x1196px
Anyone here ever start a small business in a conventional industry with nothing in the bank? How did you do it?

Asking for a friend.

>pic unrelated but nice to look at
>>
>>1704458
What are you looking for in a business?
Anything specific you would like to go into or see potential in?
>>
>>1704458
did in wood industry, worked for a bit saved up started doing my own thing. Pretty much the most reliable way, learn while you get paid to learn and then do it when you have some experience
>>
File: Nm0kKTr.jpg (144KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Nm0kKTr.jpg
144KB, 700x1050px
>>1704464
>>1704466
I've been working but have had some recent setbacks (i.e. no money in the bank). Did some soul searching and am looking to get out of the current business I'm in and into a different business. Problem is, my experience is largely in this unrelated business (at least, on paper - I have experience in the business I'm thinking about going into but I kept it all quiet and on the side because the other business I'm in would have looked down on it.) I guess I'm not sure if I should try looking into bank loans or just, well, I don't know, I guess. I have mortgage and other responsibilities to consider.
>>
>>1704480
what are the businesses? You do not need any loans or capital to start a small business in most cases, just a licence and that you can get no problem depending on where you are from for pretty much 100-1000 i think in UK you can even get by with like 20 dollars
>>
>>1704512
Like I said, there's no money in the bank and I have a mortgage and other responsibilities to consider and I can't just hang out a sign and quit my other job even if it's fucking destroying me and draining the life out of me and destroying my relationships. But I'm trying not to turn this into a blog post. I'm currently in insurance and want to go into something different. I'm trying to figure out if there's a reasonable option here.
>>
File: tYEupzl.jpg (103KB, 600x1104px) Image search: [Google]
tYEupzl.jpg
103KB, 600x1104px
>>1704524
Sorry, forgot to include pic.
>>
>>1704524
If you cant even afford $100, let alone $20. Give up. Thats literally less than a minimum wage paycheck

Find a way to cut back costs.
>>
>>1704995
>If you cant even afford $100, let alone $20. Give up. Thats literally less than a minimum wage paycheck
>Find a way to cut back costs.

What? No. I've already set up the business and incorporated. I'm talking about finding any way to get out of my current soul suck job when I have a $1,000/month mortgage + utilities to pay for.
>>
>>1704524
Fuck man just do side hustle how lay are you. If you need to work over 8 hours a day to support yourself than I doubt you can do it
>>
>>1705023
>How do I start a small business?
>Wait no, I already have a business

-.-

Anyways. Your best bet is applying for a business loan, which normally requires a down payment, or simply finding a new job.
>>
>>1705088
>starting a business on a loan
shitty advice

Know exactly what you're doing before ever looking for outside financing.

Personally I'm in custom cabinetry, have 8 employees and about 200-300K worth of equipment and machinery. Never took out a loan.

People forget that it takes one recession to go bankrupt in a lot of industries with heavy capital investment.

Don't fall for the loan meme. Just start small and work your way up. In any skilled trade you should be able to make 40/hr+ by yourself. Personally I was making about 90$/hr when I was working by myself before expenses, maybe $55 after. That was out of my garage (3 car).

You can start small and find cheap used equipment if you decide to start a trade based business. Don't fall for the loan meme. That's more of a way to expand quickly when you have a lot of contracts already signed, not to start up.
>>
>>1705110
And where do you suggest OP gets his inital money to start small since he said he couldnt afford $20-$100?
>>
>>1705120
Get a job. If you can't save a few thousand working on your own you don't have the work ethic to start a business.

Also might want to consider moving, as he has nothing to his name.
>>
>>1705125
Get a 2nd job** sorry autocorrect
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.