[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Credit card?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Hey biz.
21 yr old male here looking for advice on credit cards. I'm a fulltime student and I also work part time. I make like 12 dollars an hour and work about 20 hours a week.

What kind of credit card should i get? I need to build up my credit. Buy some small shit and pay it off yaknow? I know the dangers. I just wanna know which one has the best benefits for me. Halp pls
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 1024x1113px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 1024x1113px
DOUBLE CASH BACK BABY $$$ AWW YEA 2017 WE DOIN IT BIG
>>
>>1703067
>know the dangers

There are no dangers. You don't spend money you don't have. It's that simple.

Contrary to popular opinion, I am a strong advocate of credit cards with annual fees for beginners. Even without any credit, the credit card companies will be less reluctant to accept you and will be more forgiving with your credit line. A good example are the cards offered by American Express. I haven't met a single person who hasn't been approved for the entry level SkyMiles Gold card which has a $95 annual fee (waived for the first year).

Other than that, there are a myriad of beginner cards you could consider. The one I went with was Amazon's Chase Rewards Card. You get something like 3% cash back on Amazon purchases and 1% on everything else. Absolutely no annual fee and you get a free $30 when you sign up for it.
>>
>>1703067
I got the Discover It secured card as my first. All you have to do to qualify is get a couple hundred dollars as a security deposit and an address. At 6 months having the card, I had a 750 credit score, applied for another credit card and approved right away, but my score went down a few months because of it. Went back up and more, though, so I don't stress about the score, just use CC as your debit card, then make sure you are between 10% and 30% utilisation at the end of the bill cycle, pay it off before the minimum payment due date, never let a balance roll over.
>>
>>1703067
Doesn't matter. Just pay off the balance each month so you don't get raped by the interest jew.

All it's good for is building credit.
>>
>>1703109
/thead desu senpai this is all the advice you'll ever really need, OP.
>>
>>1703109
Doesnt need to even have 10%, i dont think. Using even 1% has the same gains, iirc.
>>
>>1703122
1% is better than 30%+, but it's the worst between 1% and 30%. 10 to 15% best, slowly slopes down the rest of the way.

I'll look through my saved images for the graphic.
>>
>>1703124
Can't find it atm, disorganized files
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.