[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw interns work for free just for references Forget wagecucks,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: HAHAHDERHURUR.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHDERHURUR.png
572KB, 600x580px
>mfw interns work for free just for references

Forget wagecucks, these people are actual slaves
>>
File: 8ytfdz.gif (168KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
8ytfdz.gif
168KB, 375x375px
>mfw I get paid $20/hour as a first-year apprentice electrician
>>
The worst part is that doing internships ultimately has little influence on getting you a job compared to peers with similar levels of education who never did any internships. You slave away to end up having to fight with everyone else in the interview stage.
Sometimes people get lucky and get job offers from the company they intern for at the end of the internship, though.
>>
>>1700979
>Sometimes people get lucky and get job offers from the company they intern for at the end of the internship, though.

You have been upgraded from slave to wagecuck, CONGRATULATIONS!
>>
>>1700979
What is your reasoning behind that claim? It's not true in my experience. Internships should be either paid of for credit though. I know people who get paid internships to work 2 months in the summer for $40k. Not bad IMO.
>>
>>1700994
http://www.epi.org/publication/unpaid-interns-fare-worse-in-the-job-market/
Paid internships help, unpaid (which vastly outnumber the paid positions) typically do not.
>>
>>1700966
I'm at 21 and it's welfare tier
>>
>>1701003
I don't know man, I'm far from rich at this point but I'm still inexperienced and 20 per hour sure beats working unpaid internships while drowning in student debt.
>>
>>1700999
https://www.google.com/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2014/01/16/why-your-unpaid-internship-makes-you-less-employable

https://www.google.com/amp/www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/05/05/study-suggests-college-graduates-benefit-more-from-paid-internships

Doing unpaid labor sort of fucks you over in the long run. Plus it sets a precedent where your line of work is allowed to be done at cheaper costs. If you don't agree to the minimal salary they want to sign you on for, they just get another intern for a year and see if they'll take the low salary bait when they get on the interview circuit.
>>
>>1701011
keep telling yourself that, it won't make it true though
>>
>>1701011
Bitch I make $25/hr at my climate controlled internship all while graduating with manageable debt (30k).

Just because retards do it the hard way doesn't mean their isn't a better way.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.