[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asset Picks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1435429658233.jpg (45KB, 737x758px) Image search: [Google]
1435429658233.jpg
45KB, 737x758px
Has anyone here ever made any profitable stock or other asset class picks?

Every piece of advice I've acted on from 4chan has lost me money, from the gold miners last year to alt coins to MTG to US weed stocks.

Jesus, are any of you actually solvent?
>>
>>1697848
r9k knows
>>
>>1697848
Capital gains come from diversification across [low/uncorrelated] asset classes and time.
>>
File: 1472999850462.jpg (424KB, 1675x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1472999850462.jpg
424KB, 1675x1137px
>>1697848

I try and meme realestate here every once and a while, but there are so many delusional faggots here that want to make money from their mom's basement rather than go out and do real investing. Shit, its hard just to rise above all the retarded crypto coin gambling threads that seem to make up 50%+ of the post some times.
>>
>>1697848
defense stocks are a good purchase rn
>>
>>1697848
Don't buy stocks that people are pumping on /biz/

Do your own research and buy good quality companies/ETFs on the dips
>>
>>1697848

buy AMD and walk away
>>
>>1697848
>Every piece of advice I've acted on from 4chan has lost me money
That's your problem, right there.
The solvent ones here aren't trading on /biz/ memes. We're just here for the laughs.
>>
If you'd followed the BTC hype you'd have a 100% return at least
>>
>>1697915
>real estate
>real investing
kek
>>
File: 220px-Gordon_Ramsay.jpg (12KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Gordon_Ramsay.jpg
12KB, 220x330px
>listening to people on 4chan

I hope you learned your lesson. Here's the only good piece of advice you're likely to find here.

It's very easy to make a moderate amount of money and spectacularly hard to make a large amount of money investing.

When you buy into
>10000% gain in a week
You're fucked because you're trying to make a lot of money.

Treasury securities go at 3% per annum, Treasury Inflation Protected Securities about 2.3% + inflation which is currently at about 2%. This is guaranteed money.

Historically ETFs like the S&P 500 and Vanguard make 7% per annum BUT you will only see this gain over a long period of time, say a decade. In the short term it could go up or down by as much as 50%.

If you are willing to put in effort and intelligence to increasing your returns read The Intelligent Investor and Security Analysis. Both are highly recommended by Buffett. But beware, it's very dry.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.