[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investing in Foreign Currencies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Mitt Romney.jpg (1MB, 4149x3112px) Image search: [Google]
Mitt Romney.jpg
1MB, 4149x3112px
Is it a good idea to invest in stable foreign currencies? Does anyone have experience in doing this? What currencies would you guys consider stable?
>>
>>1691306
$USD is probably the most stable currency. i am canadian and have shorted the canadian dollar at a few different times by buying put options on FXC, a currency ETF traded on the stock market. the fed is going to continue to raise rates and canada's central bank's rate hike will lag behind this considerably, so there is more downside ahead for the canadian dollar. i heard that the euro is fucking fucked.
>>
>>1691345
You really think USD is the most stable currency compared with the rest of the world? Even with all the shit that the fed is doing that will eventually cause it to tank?
>>
>>1691371
yes, the rest of the world is even more fucked than the USA. the fed is raising interest rates and that will make the dollar go up against the other major currencies that aren't, it's as simple as that.
as for 3rd world currencies, who knows, they are probably too volatile to fuck with unless you are very well informed.
>>
>>1691371
>eventually cause it to tank
this is a very long term view. the sun is going to burn out eventually too, but i wouldn't start worrying about it just yet.
>>
>>1691345

>$USD is probably the most stable currency
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.