[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask an oil and gas investment banker anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: b1ACMG3.jpg (177KB, 1920x1048px) Image search: [Google]
b1ACMG3.jpg
177KB, 1920x1048px
Ask an oil and gas investment banker anything
>>
I have 1k what 2 cop
>>
Buy gas-weighted names in low-cost / emerging plays like the Haynesville and SCOOP / STACK. Smaller names are good because there is upside to the possibility of them being acquired.

I can't legally give you specific stocks to invest in, but do your research.
>>
>>1689761
how soon will oil hit 100 + per barrel again?
now that we have repub and opec
i want to know when to put in my futures.
>>
What bank
>>
>>1689761

What are your thoughts on Paleo eating? Are grains really the enemy?
>>
ugaz or dgaz this week? I keep hearing it's a warm winter and they aren't having enough demand. Shouldn't nat gas go down?
>>
>>1689812
really? i hear the united states atleast is supposed to get like record colds.
>>
What kind of longer term trends do you notice in the field?

Is there a commodity or asset class that makes for a good hedge for oil/natural gas, or to scenario specific?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1689802
not op but I would say that it will definitely political forces should be a wash as lower regulations will lead to higher demand and supply for oil. American companies that were more focussed on fracking have become extremely lean and a lot more nimble when it comes to how long it takes to increase production than the older methods of oil extracting. I would be very surprised if oil did anything other than hover around the 50/60 range for the next decade.
>>
What's your product
>>
>>1689761
what software do you use to track your $$$
>>
>>1689788
>I can't legally give you specific stocks to invest in
stop role playing faggot.
>>
>>1689908
Gentoo
>>
>>1689910
pleb
>>
>>1689788
>gas-weighted

What's this supposed to mean?

I'm coming up with names like Devron, Southwestern Energy, and basically anything with "Oklahoma" or "natural gas" in the title

Is this the right track, wink wink
>>
>>1689802
Oil is extremely unlikely to ever hit $100 again. Of course, never say never when it comes to oil cause no one can predict with certainty.

Trends I see in the industry are rising operating costs due to demand for oil field services in addition to rising costs for drilling wells because of more intense drilling/completion costs.

My advice is to look to companies that are actually generating free cash flow consistently. That sounds obvious, but investors have been pouring money into trash businesses without any line of sight to positive cash flow.
>>
>>1689811
Quinoa and kale are the bases I go for. I don't know much about food. Paleo is bullshit, the major food group they don't talk about in Paleo is other species of human.

I will tell you that Ice cream fitness got me more swole than I've ever been.

>>1689812
I work in m&a / private capital raises, I couldn't tell you shit about day to day price movements in oil and gas.
>>
>>1689915
Cimarex, Jones, newfield are names also worth looking at. Chesapeake is an always interesting name, they are doing their best to satisfy public markets by delevering and the market reacts well every time they sell off an asset.
>>
>>1689761
bitches don't know 'bout my 2MM MT BBLs D2 + JP54 GOST 5542-87 x 12 Months R & E @ FOB PRICE: NWE PLATT’S Minus -US$11.00 Gross / -US$9.00 Net per BBL with my ATS, signed TSA and copy TSR, accepting SBLC or DLC. fag
>>
Will you give me an internship
>>
>>1689802
>how soon will oil hit 100 + per barrel again?

Only when WW3 breaks out.
>>
>>1689955
Sweet lord, whoever you are thank you.
>>
>>1690180
This desu
>>
>>1689761

weird I just watched a video on this painting a few days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5pUtRcNX4

with oddly correlates to this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6hnC6QLvfo

I'm in the Twilight Zone here.
>>
File: Rogers_Communications.png (189KB, 2100x900px) Image search: [Google]
Rogers_Communications.png
189KB, 2100x900px
What country do most of your clients operate in?

Do you advise majors or service companies?

Where do you see the upstream petroleum sector headed this decade? What significant trends are you anticipating within the decade?

What are your thoughts on GE Oil & Gas's acquisition of Baker Hughes?
>>
Post your cover letter. Just graduated and trying to get a CF job. I suck at cover letters and I need ideas.

Also give me some tips on how to best spend my time as a NEET to prepare for jobs and make myself look good.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.