[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is investing in stocks addicting to any of you? I'm literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (7KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 283x178px
Is investing in stocks addicting to any of you?
I'm literally looking every 30 minutes to see how my stocks are doing, I wish I could have forgotten about them lol
when they go up I actually feel good

pic is from Christiane F, watch it if you haven't
>>
File: 1408494800953.jpg (37KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1408494800953.jpg
37KB, 400x388px
>>1688181

Yes.

I want off this ride.
>>
I get way too emotionally invested in day trading, I will sit at my computer from market opening to market closing while only taking piss breaks. I normally do well since I take it very seriously, but when I lose the least bit of money I get furious and smashed my keyboard into pieces last week.

But at the end of the day I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything
>>
>>1688191
How long on average do you keep each trade for? I started just last week so it's nice to hear where everyone learned their strategies - which sources would you recommend?
>>
>>1688225
Depends on the time of day mostly, that's not a factor in my mind but it's true. Be prepped and ready to go right when the market opens, your money for the day is most likely going to be made in the first hour it opens and the last hour before closing. In the first hour I might hold a stock for 5 minutes, but then around lunch I could hold a stock for 3 hours. It all depends, you just need to know your exit price and timeframe. Never hold a trade for longer than you intended on in the beginning, and exit at a set price.
>>
>>1688225
For resources, just google around. That sounds shitty, but the best thing you can do, is take in all you can and developed your own strategy. The way I do things would be viewed as retarded and reckless by most, but it works for me and I profit off it. Nothing crazy, but it works
>>
>>1688255
You do know your stuff!

Now, if you know a firm, say Bank of America, is on an upward trend and has been for at least 5 years, why not just keep its stock throughout the day? Are there appreciable gains made from holding upward-trending stocks for shorter as opposed to longer times, at least on a long-term scale?
>>
>>1688287
Nah I'm not nearly as knowledgable as a lot of anons on here. In my opinion if you trade and intend to hold it for a few days, there's nothing wrong with that. In order to hold a stock overnight or over several nights, I would have to be extremely confident in that business. I'm far from perfect and end up making mistakes, the big thing is understanding why you made a mistake and can apply that knowledge. Past performance does not indicate future performance, but that being said, seeing past performance usually ignites my interest in a stock to start investigating it and make a decision from there
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.