[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be January 1st, 2016 >promised myself to get good at trading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1424425139519.gif (848KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1424425139519.gif
848KB, 665x662px
>be January 1st, 2016
>promised myself to get good at trading and increase my capital by atleast 10 times by the end of the year
>studied dozens of books extensively and paid for trading lessons
>Fast forward to today, December 25th 2016
>tfw I'm down -$2500

Fuck this gay earth
>>
have you tried instant lottery tickets?
>>
When did you lose? Did the stocks you sold to realize losses recover? Did you buy at the top of the market? Could you have bought into your positions differently?
>>
>Paid for trading lessons

HAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

See? This is what you get for believing in daytrading and technical analysis. Most of you are better off making sports bets.
>>
>>1687853

Started with $5000.

I was day trading with the plan of closing my trades end of day. Sometimes my trades hit the sweet spot and I eventually managed to increase my capital to $8000. Then I started to consistently make failing trades. Now my P/L is at -$2500 and I only have $300 left to trade with.
>>
>>1687859
you say this and yet the new york stock exchange exists. it can't all be a "crapshoot" right? did I fall for the methodical trading meme?
>>
>>1687864

No, it's not all crapshoot when you're investing for the future. But when you're taking bets on where a stock is going to go in a given day, it's 100% a crapshoot. The only way to consistently make money with daytrading would be to have consistent inside information.

So if you want to do that, have fun cozying up with rapists and murderers, because the FBI is willing to void all of your constitutional rights in catching you.

Basic takeaway: Stop trying to play the market. Just put your money into a Vanguard or ETF.
>>
>>1687850
>10x capital in one year
I think I found your problem
>>
Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>1687850

If somebody actually had the knowledge of how to trade profitably, would they be selling lessons to dumbfucks like you? Answer that question.
>>
>>1687880
How much did you lose?
>>
>>1687850
>1000% ROI in a year
Literally nobody can do this legally
>>
>>1687850

Jesus man. Look for despair in comments on company stocktwits. If the company pps has fallen to a low and every one is done with it but it still looks like it can bounce, throw money on it. Wait a bit till it does and the bullish comments come back. SELL. Easy as that. Found stocktwits to be a gauge if I sell or get in based on sentiment.

Up about 180% in 4 months.
>>
At least you can say you have experience, a lot of people say they will start but manage to never do so. Keep pushing forward.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.