[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ivy League MBA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (65KB, 472x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 472x400px
So I have a 3.9 gpa, and a 676 GMAT score. The only work experience I have was from 18-24 years old serving in the marines. How likely am I to get accepted into an Ivy League MBA program? Can I just milk muh "military experience?"
>>
Preferably Wharton. I'm also a white male. Dunno why I'm asking a cartoon image board. No one here probably has 10 grand to their name, let alone an Ivy League education.
>>
>>1687522
high school gpa or undergraduate gpa
>>
>>1687523
BSBA in accounting senpai
>>
Retake the GMAT, that's a low score for Ivy.

Yes, milk the military bullshit.

Unless you reenacted Saving Private Ryan in Iraq, your military experience won't be enough to make up for that GMAT.

PS: I'm assuming that MBA programs, like JD programs, care 90% about the admissions test score (GMAT/LSAT). Maybe they're giant cucks that can be swayed by muh patriotism.
>>
>>1687539
Fuck that test sucks ass though. A 676 was the best I could do after an 8 week prep course too
>>
>>1687554
>8 weeks

Nigga I took 4 months to prepare for the LSAT and ended up producing a score that falls into only half of the T14's medians. I plan on taking another 4+ months to continue studying and getting a higher score. You spend 4 years on your undergraduate GPA, and yet grad schools put 90% of their focus into a single test score. Take your time. Honestly, if you studied for a full year, it wouldn't be wasted if you got into HBS, would it?

The LSAT and the GMAT are very, very similar, the difference being that the GMAT has quantitative parts. Take my advice -- it's worth it to study as long as possible.
>>
What did you do in the military OP?
>>
>>1687539
wats a good score in GMAT? Looking to go to the US to do my masters, soemthing like Stanford mby?

Scored top 10% in SAT, are the tests similar?
>>
>>1687599
I was in the infantry
>>
>>1687621
You're gonna want over 700 on the GMAT. Especially for a school like Stanford. Stanford is the most competitive Ivy school in the US. You take the GMAT on a computer and it gets harder the more questions you answer correctly
>>
>>1687839
Stanford isn't even ivy you moron
>>
>>1687845
In his defense, it's better than any Ivy not named Harvard or Wharton.
>>
>>1687845
My bad senpai desu
>>
>>1687836
how many ragheads did you wax
>>
>>1687522
It's not bad for a grunt.

Hopefully you deployed? Milk the overcome any challenge thing with that.

700+ if you super want ivy

I have a ton of resources on PC at home I can post when I get back later today.

Your biggest problem off the bat is no work experience and low income going into program. Schools really care about employment rates and avg income of graduates. So they want high earners on the front end to ensure the number stays high on the back end.

I have nearly identical stats only difference is i started a service biz after I got out and got it up to 1MM gross and I had no friction just grades, score and letter and I was in. School is ranked 50 in nation or something
>>
>>1688032
Yeah I did 3 deployments. Yeah I've been coasting off of GI Bill/ Voc Rehab/wife working income, so I really haven't had any desire to seek employment.

My in-laws have money and are both Ivy League grads (Columbia), so that's how I'm planning to pay for grad school. I knocked up their daughter, so now they're stuck with me.
>>
Go to Columbia, do the program where you get your econ PhD and your MBA over 4 years.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.