[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newfag advice thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 03443_theeagle_1920x1080.jpg (445KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
03443_theeagle_1920x1080.jpg
445KB, 1920x1080px
I'm a college student and browse mostly /sci/ and /lit/. Tired of not having money. I bet there's tons of these threads here but I'll ask anyway. In 2016-2017 what are the best ways to make some money (Aside from full-time jobs)?

Few things I'd like discussed: Bitcoin (Have I missed it? In your opinion should I look into it? Is it still good investment?), trading and other things such as CFD and spread betting. Are there any business such as online shops that are almost guaranteed profits and are relatively easy to setup? Is it realistic to make any money in college (other than doing a part-time)?

Thanks and don't go too hard on me.
>>
Best way to make money aside from a full time job? A part time job. You aren't going to make any money off investing if you have no money, which it sounds like you don't. Asking 4chan for advice on bitcoin investing? Bitcoin isn't an investment, it's a speculative gamble. It's volatile as shit and there is no way you, or anyone here is going to be able to predict the direction it's going. You want guaranteed profits and ease of entry? In your dreams, dude. If that existed, everyone would be doing exactly that and quit their jobs. There is no free lunches in this life, find something of value, whether that's internal (life experience) that you can market and sell, or something external that is undervalued that you can sell. You need a reality check though based on your line of questioning.
>>
>>1687255
So the only realistic option at the moment is getting a part-time job?
>>
>>1687263
No, but that's the best way (meaning most reliable way to generate income) for you at this moment. You can of course work on building your own business online, but that is more on you, and may interfere with your college schedule.
>>
Options:
1. Start learning to code and freelance. It'all take hundreds of hours to become competent, and you'all have to compete against millions of people all over the world, but if you rise into the top ~5% of skilled coders, there's still good money in it. Really comes down to your ability to learn and apply logical structures.
2. Pick up a manly craft. E.g. Woodworking, metalworking, make custom leather products, etc. online boutique stores can still turn a profit if you are artistically inclined.
3. Print work. A lot of people want to be graphic designers. Not a lot of people want to print. Printing itself is a notoriously low paid job, but if you combine above average graphic design skills and have enough startup capital to own all the necessary machinery and supplies, you can still make money doing this. Look for local stores and offer to sell on consignment. Also check out niche markets like wall paper and tapestries. Pillow cases. Etc.
4. Buy/sell on Craigslist. Live in a major city? Have a background in cars (motors), electronics or something else? Start with $100 and flip stuff on Craigslist.
5. Tutor. If you excel in a particular subject and can prove it (test scores, diplomas, or a letter of rec) put a craigslist add out there. Or, look for a local company to tutor for. They'll take a large cut of the money, but you deal with less bullshit.
6. Cook for your friends. They buy groceries in return for your cooking. Save $300 a month.
>>
>>1687800
The printing business actually sounds like a great idea, I will look into it. Currently I have 1.5k€ in savings.
>>
File: sspL8UT.gif (2MB, 228x360px) Image search: [Google]
sspL8UT.gif
2MB, 228x360px
>I'm too lazy and stupid to research on my own
>Please tell me how to make EASY money no risk, for free

You are retarded.
>>
>>1687937
Not at all what I said or implied in any way.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.