[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Network/IT consulting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: download_20161216_114319.jpg (55KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
download_20161216_114319.jpg
55KB, 700x525px
has anyone here done any consulting in IT? I work full time as a network engineer but have made some good bank doing some consulting type work. one of my first jobs was fixing wireless access at some random hotel. I made a good 500 bucks in a day in cash. Another client I put in network wiring and a rack and cabinet and made about 5k and split it with a friend. I want to continue work like this but I have a real issue targeting clients. I'd rather keep away from desktop and server support and focus on reselling internet access and designing networks. ive also considered trying to sell companies a website or redesign their website in order to get a shoehorn in. The couple clients I've gotten have actually been from Craigslist. I have a website and some social media presence. any advice or thoughts on targeting customers and selling to them?
>>
>>1686907
>>
>>1686907

Owning an IT biz. Interested in working as contractor for me? Literally keep doing the stuff, u did so far and leave finding the clients to me. I'll pay you a commission on the net profit
>>
>>1686907

Already doing it here in ATL. Stay out of my territory or I'll fuck your girl then put you out of business.
>>
File: 1475749788021.gif (2MB, 390x364px) Image search: [Google]
1475749788021.gif
2MB, 390x364px
>>1687816
He calls it establishing dominance and marking territory. I call it monday morning.

Work for me and enjoy the protection from the one-ear-gang from ATL
>>
>>1687782
where you at mang? Ive had similar offers in the past but I was too proud because the guy didn't know dick about IT. It kind of kills the part of me that wants control over my own business. I'd like to get some recurring revenue.
>>
>>1687816
I'm nowhere near Atlanta but this industry is generally large enough that you can make good money without stepping on too many people's toes. if a company sucks dick at taking care of their customers, I think there's no problem with taking their customers.
>>
>>1687846
I hear you bruv. Would never give up control of my biz and I don't intend to take yours away as long as you are only a contractor.

My biz is based in germany but that shouldn't be a problem for our collaboration.

You can practically be your own boss. How does your skill set look like?
>>
>>1687857
I'm in my early 20s but I don't feel like I'm quite as retarded as a lot of people in the industry. I work for a fortune 500 supporting and building out a datacenter but I've worked in an MSP environment and other enterprise network engineering positions. I have my CCNA and am working on NP. I only have my associates degree but it hasn't been a problem getting where I am and I doubt it will be in the future.

I'd love to be my own boss and think often of scaling this out or building a wireless ISP or web hosting company. I know how profitable it can be, I've proven it to myself with my minimal sales skills. If I can improve and hustle I can do even better.

you have a kik or other contact details you feel comfortable posting on a mongolian basket weaving forum?
>>
>>1687874
Sounds great. Let's talk then.
[email protected]
>>
I've worked at an IT startup for around 3 years now right out of college. We have multiple CCIE level engineers and we do Government to local small business work and everything in between. You can make a lot of money out there but it's all about connections for the most part. A high level engineer should be charging around 230-260 an hour for their time to be honest with you possibly even more depending on how much money you know the customer has. And anything as low as 180 for entry level. I'd look into starting an MSP or working for one but you need to have a strong portfolio and some credibility to your name which it seems like you may have but a lot of high end companies only want to deal with other high end companies.
>>
>>1688418
are those rates in pesos
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.