[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /biz/ I'm a reference for my friend who is being interviewed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Hi /biz/

I'm a reference for my friend who is being interviewed for a job which specifically asked for a friend as a reference along with professional contacts. I have to complete a form where I rate 18 aspects of his personality on a scale of 1-10. For over half of them I gave him a 10, I just want to know before I turn it in how that looks to an employer. Would you not take it seriously if I gave him great reviews for everything because I'm his friend and of course I'm going to want to make him look good? My scores for him are how I actually feel and I'm not going to artificially give him lower scores to make it seem more realistic, I'm just curious how it will be taken if I didn't give him anything lower than an 8 in any of the personality traits.
>>
>>1686393
Well that's probably what they expect when they ask for a friend as a reference.
As long as you're being sincere, then you have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>1686393
give him all 10s
>>
>>1686415
Are you being serious?
>>
>>1686427
yes, else why the fuck should I consider your friend if you think he lacks in some fields. get me a friend that you think is good, not mediocre.
>>
>>1686429
idk I think it would ruin the credibility of the reference if I give him 10/10 for everything
>>
>>1686429
I see you're attempting to cope by saying the reason you have no friends is because no one is good enough.

Bitter permavirgin neckbeard with no friends detected.
>>
>>1686440
Which are the fields you have to rate him?
>>
File: categories.png (32KB, 263x520px) Image search: [Google]
categories.png
32KB, 263x520px
>>1686456
>>
>>1686457
All 10's. With a sidenote, "I have never known a better man in my life."

You are not fucking HR to evaluate objectively, he asked you to recommend a friend and it is what you did.
>>
>>1686477
I don't understand what you mean in the second part
>>
File: dowhatyoumust.jpg (68KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
dowhatyoumust.jpg
68KB, 720x540px
>>1686393
Option 1
Give all tens and write a note saying how fucking stupid this form is.

Option 2
Make your friend fill it out so that when he doesn't get hired it's not your fault.

Option 3
Don't fill it out and tell the employer to call you. During the call you should pretend your friend just paid you and his dick is deep in your throat. Tell the employer how great your friend is and give examples about how he would be successful in the work place. Make that bitch want to hire him. You are his wingman.

Option 4
Go to the store and suck a boss' dick.
>>
>>1686511
How do I talk to the employer with a dick deep down my throat?
>>
>>1686608
fucking anon, how incompetent are you.
>>
>>1686613
Not at all
>>
>>1686393

Screening potential employees by testing their friends to see how retarded they are. I like this approach. Birds of a feather, after all.
>>
>>1686782
How common is this?
>>
>>1686789

I've never encountered it but then I'm not fungible and easily-replaced.
>>
>>1686782
>Screening potential employees by testing their friends to see how retarded they are.

this is exactly what it is, I reckon he works in a sales position or marketing.
>>
>>1686812
It's a technical position
>>
This is getting common and is very ridiculous.

Don't overthink it. Anything short of 10s is going to raise red flags. Basically what they're going to do is ask three references willing to vouch that this guy they're considering hiring is

1. not a drug addict
2. not a pedophile
3. not human garbage, etc.

basically, if you vouch for a guy and he turns out to be a wreck, you'll be blackballed as well.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.